Clutch pedal delayed reaction and brake pedal is strange

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jshodgson
My Cars:

Clutch pedal delayed reaction and brake pedal is strange

Post by Jshodgson »

My clutch pedal has a delay just at the topwhen its released. It happens not every time but often. The brake pedal sometimes lifts with the clutch pedal making braking hard as the pedal is higher than expected.

any ideas?
Had (Saxo VTR 1999 (T) LPG converted - do not ask!!!)
Had (Xantia LX TD 1995 (M) 144,000 miles)
Had (Xantia TD Estate (N) 147,000 miles !)
NOW GOT Picasso 2.0HDi (02) 96,000 miles
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Sounds like the pedals have siezed onto their mounting shaft - lubrication may help - but you may have to dismantle and grease the shaft to sort it properly.

Silly one - you haven't got a floor mat getting caught in the pedal have you? I thought the pedal box was breaking up on the ZX as I'd get feedback from the clutch pedal through the accelerator - and it was the mat getting caught!
jeremy
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi there, I'll have a pop.. If there has been nothing touched recently in the pedal area, I wonder if some felt/carpet material has got caught up in the mechanism somehow causing the brake pedal to lift with the clutch. Anyhow it sounds like some citroen yoga is called for ! also whenever there is cause to look at the clutch operation, it may be wise to have a spare clutch clip to hand just in case.... Martin
I won't do that again