had a ride in an XM today (citreonxm's)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

had a ride in an XM today (citreonxm's)

Post by deian »

What can I say, hardcore citroen eccentric car indeed, such a cool oddity of a car though, it had the V6 12v in it, not the fastest, but still very nice. Gas converted too. Couldn't help but be impressed with the subtle switches dotted around the place and the 'luxury' items here and there, and the overall weirdness of it, even compared to my Xantia, which I find weird compared to other cars.

He also sorted by brakes a bit, by bleeding my regulator valve, seemed to have made a slight difference, but the ride is still harsh. So I demonstrated the electrovalve issues I get when opening the door as Mandrake mentioned, he agrees it does make logical sense, as the height corrector and clip seems free moving and secure.

We had our little geeky chat, very nice guy, typical citroen geek me thinks. He knows his stuff, i love the comfort sphere's he's put on his mothers car, so soft! Shocking!
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

If you try it you may even like it!! :D

Not fast enough for ya? Try and get a drive in a 24v one...

Now these ARE BLOODY QUICK! The world goes into warp mode when the let it loose yet for it's sins it looks like a 2.0! or a TD! O:)

Andrew
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Hi andmcit

Find a 12v with a manual box and you can swar blind its a 24v.. My last 12v V6 was a manual machine (the one dhallworth bought off me) and that had warp speed!

Problem is though, with the 24v too, they chew manual boxes up! Shame.

Regards
citroenxm
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

citroenxm wrote:Hi andmcit

Find a 12v with a manual box and you can swar blind its a 24v.. My last 12v V6 was a manual machine (the one dhallworth bought off me) and that had warp speed!

Problem is though, with the 24v too, they chew manual boxes up! Shame.

Regards
citroenxm
Manual boxes are the ONLY way to go - don't even get me started on autoboxes...

All of mine that are still running are manual and I believe you'd notice the difference between the 12v and 24v too!! [It seems out of proportion to the relatively low %age increase...]

Never know these to chew boxes either!? You're not driving yours like the roadtesters do to get a fast 0-60 time!? :wink:

Almost on a dally basis these are getting rarer than rockin'orse poo even with the 12v's... :-({|=

Andrew
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Hi Andrew

I know I know... I DO not like the Old Auto box in the XM or any to be honest. Although the Auto adaptive box in V6 xantia is nice..

With talking to a few people, theres a 24v in scotland box is whineing, also my V6 12v had a manual box that was totaled... Also a few in breakers.. Its a strange one but I know that manual boxes are unburstable especially in the DERV power units of any kind..

Prehaps they would do well with a 2.0 Turbo box. Theres only 20bhp between them and the 12v V6..

Regards
citroenxm
deian

Post by deian »

did they come in 24v and manual? thats would be interesting?
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Hi deian

Oh Yes, they sure did... 24v 200bhp and a manual box.

0-60 7 secs or so and around 151mph (probably)

Friend in scotland has one.. Its been lieing around for some time..

Regards
citroenxm
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

deian wrote:did they come in 24v and manual? thats would be interesting?
YES!! :twisted:

Guess who's got one [-(

Andrew
deian

Post by deian »

So what are you waiting for? Get it then. Then when you get bored i may take it off your hands. :wink: Gotta respect the XM's. Quite liked yours today, I can see why so many people have a soft spot for them! 8)
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: had a ride in an XM today (citreonxm's)

Post by Mandrake »

deian wrote:What can I say, hardcore citroen eccentric car indeed, such a cool oddity of a car though, it had the V6 12v in it, not the fastest, but still very nice. Gas converted too. Couldn't help but be impressed with the subtle switches dotted around the place and the 'luxury' items here and there, and the overall weirdness of it, even compared to my Xantia, which I find weird compared to other cars.
Quick! Someone in deian's area give him a ride in a CX, he thinks an XM is weird... :lol:

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Huh

It would have to be me to get a CX... I want one, I want one, I want one .....................................

Daaammmm No more space on the road ... or drive ... or back yard....

:cry: :cry: :cry:
deian

Post by deian »

i know every car brand has it's enthusiasts, and i've had a bmw, and liked that a lot, but i must admit, the citroens oddities certainly do work well and keep me interested, i would have been bored on the bmw forum by now,

bring on the cx,

i'd still buy an xm over a cx, call me 'new fashioned', i would say the xm is the last of the old school citroens, i think i've started well into the world of Citroen with a xantia, half way with what i know and what i want to know,
deian

Post by deian »

while we are here citroenxm, can you maybe explain to mandrake the suspected electrovalve problem you saw today? he's in on my problem too and suspects he has something similar
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Ah yes, the CX!! weird in a nice sort of way!! No can't have any of mine, find your own!!

Add it to the list of things you've got to try in your life before they plant you!! Do it quick too - before petrol is outlawed or made for VIP's only...

Now, a GTi turbo2 with it's thermostat removed IS QUICK [one of my better understatements actually :lol: ]

Mind, every time I mention Cx's around these parts the posse of CX haters gets all stirred up...

Andrew
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

deian wrote:i'd still buy an xm over a cx, call me 'new fashioned', i would say the xm is the last of the old school citroens, i think i've started well into the world of Citroen with a xantia, half way with what i know and what i want to know,
In it's final incarnation the T2 GTi does sacrifice the optimum floaty Citroen ride for the ultimate [in it's day of development] roadholding handling before hydractive and I guess you wouldn't feel too far away from a BMW...

Deian - you HAVE to try a Cx turbo to know what you'd be passing over by favouring an Xm!! Yes OK - you need to watch for rust BUT it is possible to keep a nice rustfree CX - believe me!!

I say have one of each anyway - works for me!!

Andrew