What's the correct MKII Saxo fault code reader?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

watsoft
My Cars:

What's the correct MKII Saxo fault code reader?

Post by watsoft »

Can anyone confirm that it is an EOBD OBD2 type fault code reader that I require to help diagnose my poorly Saxo?

I know the port is different to MKI Saxo's, but wansn't sure if my assumption is correct.

Thanks in advance.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

All mk2 saxos have a 16 pin EOBD socket.
early model mk1's (with keypad imobiliser) have a 30 pin connector later mk1's (without keypad) also have the 16 pin.
watsoft
My Cars:

Post by watsoft »

Thanks for answering my original question in full, but it would be helpful if I can also find out the protocol and software used by Citroen engine managment.

There are loads of EOBD readers, software and cables available, but they don't all work with all cars. An ebayer suggested a lead for his diagnositc software, but everywhere advertises it as a VW / Audi lead with no mention of Citroen.

Can anybody tell me exactly what I need to look for when purchasing any of the above for a 1.1 Saxo.
watsoft
My Cars:

Post by watsoft »

Well, I finally took the plunge and bought one after talking to the nice people at http://www.alpha-bid.com. They suggested that the U480 CAN-BUS ODB II model was most likely to work and for less than £40 it was well worth it. This model works with a 2001 Saxo, but covers such a wide variety of protocols I guess I’ll be using it here there and everywhere!

Alpha-bid products can be found on ebay and I would heartily recommend making your purchase with them!