Finding leather interiors other than ebay?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Barbarian

Finding leather interiors other than ebay?

Post by Barbarian »

How do you go about finding leather interiors for cars in my case a xantia other than looking on ebay and actually ringing round all the breakers? is there any other way?
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Clicky: http://parts.autotrader.co.uk/

Check out BreakerLink and Parts Gateway on there...
ImageImage
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

The local breakers near me know they've got something valuable and want lots of cash for these as well as the guys bidding on ebay...

I've seen seat sets going for more than cars with the seats in them. I've even bought a couple of Xantias where the interior wasn't even mentioned even though they had leather!! Short of getting a COMPLETE CAR through the freeads newspapers or Adtrader, ebay is the only alternative convenient means. On top of all this you've got to find either NON electric ones or wire your car to take their electrics.

The easiest answer is to stay with what you've got.! After all, leather seats [unless heated] are cold in the winter and hot in the summer - the velour is better!! :wink:

Happy hunting!!

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on 21 Apr 2006, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Go leather every time :D
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

There are a couple of sites where you type in your details and what your after and they email the form to breakers around the area, ive used 2 of these including BreakerLink....never received anything back after 6 months :evil:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
deian

Post by deian »

Have you tried, Exchange and Mart, Loot, Fish4, your local paper, other than that all you can do is go for the breakers yards (especially the Citroen only ones, don't know of any now, but i'm sure there are some around) and finally ebay?

As far as the 'use' of leathers go, i find them much more comfortable, don't believe all the bad myths about them being cold in the winter, hot in the summer and sliding under the seat belts etc etc, the seats in my xantia are spot on, in the winter they are just as cold as the rest of the car, they don't freeze over or solidify, and in the warmest weather so far they become nice and warm and they haven't turned in to lava, obviously i haven't worn shorts on them yet to find out the burning issue, nothing a temporary piece of cloth won't fix for the first 5 mins of a drive after stading in hot weather, and you certainly don't slide around them.

Certainly more advantages than disadvantages, and certainly more practical that fabric seats (easier to clean to start with, especially if your little boy spills ribena all over the seats!)

Maybe the seats are genereally made of a different type of leather these days that make them more practical for everyday use.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

My dads old Rover Sterling (crushed by a huge steel shutter enclosing a garage for HGV's) had leather and by heck....you dont want to wear shorts in the summer months...by heck they were hot :cry:
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

deian wrote:As far as the 'use' of leathers go, i find them much more comfortable, don't believe all the bad myths about them being cold in the winter, hot in the summer and sliding under the seat belts etc etc, the seats in my xantia are spot on, in the winter they are just as cold as the rest of the car, they don't freeze over or solidify, and in the warmest weather so far they become nice and warm and they haven't turned in to lava, obviously i haven't worn shorts on them yet to find out the burning issue, nothing a temporary piece of cloth won't fix for the first 5 mins of a drive after stading in hot weather, and you certainly don't slide around them.

Certainly more advantages than disadvantages, and certainly more practical that fabric seats (easier to clean to start with, especially if your little boy spills ribena all over the seats!)

Maybe the seats are genereally made of a different type of leather these days that make them more practical for everyday use.
This will always be a subjective area - that's why the car makers offer many various options to keep us ALL happy!!

I PERSONALLY DON'T SEE THE HOT/COLD ISSUE A "BAD MYTH" MIND!!

I guess I'm basing my experiences of Cit leather seats from running Xm's for years'n years. These ARE a tad slippery and you DO need to use the built in heater on them during the winter months as otherwise I'd imagine it'd be like planting your backside in the fridge when you sit on them on a cold chilly morning!! :D

The Xantia leather seats are cushioned a bit softer than the Xm's so I guess you DO sit IN them more which means you wont slide around...

Still prefer the VSX velour one's complete with the mad tartan mind! - AND YES, THEY'RE WARM IN THE COLD WEATHER TOO!

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on 21 Apr 2006, 23:20, edited 2 times in total.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

But you slide around on them. So they are only fitted for their pose value, similar to the back breaking TZ trim seats in the BX. My ultimate dreamspec BX has had TGD seats fitted for some time. It's a comfort thing.
Be happy: it is a way of being wise. (Confucius.)
'92 TZD Estate(Grolliffe), Gone but never to be forgotten.
'95 405 GLX TD Estate. too new to name.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Me dads did provide a sliding movement also :wink:
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Leather looks great - the posing value is high - both in the living room and in the car. Signals style and wealth :wink:
But I always get a wet bum from leather seats ... :oops: :lol:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image