Xantia IR Remote Plips (I know I know)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steverino
My Cars:

Xantia IR Remote Plips (I know I know)

Post by steverino »

Just to say thanks to the forum for providing the information that I needed to program a second plip for my wife's car! I finally found out how to do it without "un-programming" the first plip - yeah!

When we bought the car it only came with one remote - it's a 1998 R reg Xantia 2.0 SX. I got another plip from Ebay for about £20 but was having trouble programming it.

Apparently the identity of the remote locking system resides with the car in the IR receiver module - and any compatible remote can be synchronised to this receiver - I don't know if there is a limit to the number of remotes you can have. When you first turn on the ignition the IR receiver must be in some kind of "programming" mode for about 5-10 seconds. All I did was hold both the remotes up close to the receiver unit and pressed the first button on one then on the other - only pressed once or twice each - and hey both remotes are now programmed!!!

I would not have figured this out without a search of the forum - many thanks to all who have listed on this topic and I hope my experience helps someone else.

Regards Steve

:lol:
1997 Xantia 2.0 SX (wife's)
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Your more than welcome and I'm happy to take all of the credit :wink:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(