Leakoff Pipes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Leakoff Pipes

Post by CitroJim »

I'm needing to replace the injector leakoff pipes on my 1.9TD Xantia. They have gone very hard, are a little damp and on initial morning startup there is a moments hesitation, suggesting they're causing a little air leak..

What is the best material to use to replace them and where can it be obtained. I cannot recall seeing anything that looked very suitable in our local motor factors.

Many thanks..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
masood_ilyas
My Cars:

Post by masood_ilyas »

Very reluctant to say this but your local Halfrauds does sell a useful pack of about 1 meter long fibre enforced pipe with a seperate end piece, not very expensive either! :o
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I'm embarressed to say, but mine have clear screen washer tubing on.......the brittle black ones broke when I did the injectors a year or so ago, I couldn't find the bit of proper replacement piping I'd bought and screen washer tubing was the first temporary fix that came to hand.

I've since found the proper bit of pipe and it lives in the boot as the screen washer tubing is still fine........ :roll:
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

The proper parts are not expensive from Citroen. I have just ordered them from my local Peugeot dealer becasue it is closer than the Citroen one. These parts are for a 2.1 and include VAT

15709 End plug £0.91
156494 the 3 little interconnecting ones at £3.72 for the kit
157363 the long one back to the pump at £1.73

I am having that many problems finding my air leak its not worth trying to make something else fit for the sake of £6

Another interesting part number is 1579N8 the primer bulb, it is only £5.95 inc VAT but at GSF it is £18.33, Citroen main dealer parts are not always more expensive.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent! Many thanks all :D

I shall nip in and have a word with my local Pug dealer then. My local Cit dealer is a bit of a muppet and I avoid him if I can unless it's really Cit specific.

I'll also get a new priming bulb at the same time to be sure.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

your local lucas will stock the proper tubbing in one length with two end caps on a shrink wrap card for a few quid,and it is the cloth bound stuff,im sure it will be cheaper than the dealers,also you dont get air into the fuel supply line through these leak of return pipes as this fuel is on its way back to the tank
regards malcolm
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

citronut wrote: you dont get air into the fuel supply line through these leak of return pipes as this fuel is on its way back to the tank
for lucas/cav pumps this is true, but for Bosch pumps, this can be an air ingress point.
This is not a signature.