Xantia Photos for you all

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

Xantia Photos for you all

Post by deian »

I've uploaded loads of photos of my car onto Flickr just now, feel free to refernce to them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deiz92

I've done the 'geeky obsessive compulsive' thing of photographing what I feel to be important in ways of reference a Xantia in general... for your information it's a 1998 R 2.1TD exclusive mkII in a metallic dark blue with boring wheels.

TIP: With flickr you can mouse over certain parts of the photo and a square will appear with a note' of what is in that square, very handy me thinks. If any of you are Flickr users feel free to add more 'notes' to the photos for other people. Also remember you can enlarge the photos for more details, downside of that the 'notes' don't appear.

Let me know what you think. Again I have no problems if you want to link to them for reference purposes. Enjoy.
Last edited by deian on 16 Apr 2006, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

That's brilliant.... I could really have done with the same for the 1.9TD a few weeks ago when I was trying to remember where all the pipes should be routed when I did my cylinder head/ cambelt and clutch.

Someone will find an even more detailed photo stream of the engine layout extremely useful i am sure... good thinking batman :lol:
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
deian

Post by deian »

they can be made bigger, there's an option on the top of each photo called 'all sizes', clicking that gives the biggest size, i will put loads more as and when i do things, i might get the underside done soon and all suspension components
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Deian!!

You live on Anglesey??!!! Is that you I see in this lovly Xantia in Llangefni??

Saw you this evening as a matter of fact.. I own the Big green XM V6.. I also work in Llangefni..

I had a silver Xantia last week, on an S plate.. 1.9 td.. Its having a rest now till MOT time..

Regards
citroenxm
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

citroenxm wrote:Deian!!

You live on Anglesey??!!! Is that you I see in this lovly Xantia in Llangefni??

Saw you this evening as a matter of fact.. I own the Big green XM V6.. I also work in Llangefni..

I had a silver Xantia last week, on an S plate.. 1.9 td.. Its having a rest now till MOT time..

Regards
citroenxm
Could be the start of a beautiful friendship :lol:
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Ha

Could be... Its just frightning how small the world is.. I've seen his car around and its really a clean one. The pictures do not lie.. I just haven't met him yet, and only seen him in passing. I always wonder, do Xantia drivers know about these forums, or not?? And also I do Angleseys Citroen repairs too....

Regards
citroenxm
deian

Post by deian »

A local Citroen mechanic, always comes in handy. Will be great to meet up. Emailed you.

Even before buying the car I made lots of research to know exactly what I was going to buy. So I was here before I got the car with all intentions of buying either a ZX or a Xantia, so I decided as summer is coming I wanted something to mess about with and to learn something new, so a Xantia it was! No regrets (so far).
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

deian,

Could I put your link into one of the non posting sections such as "common problems" as a permanent reference please?

Brilliant; having this would be priceless particularly when trying to explain to someone what certain parts are on a car.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
deian

Post by deian »

yea sure, no problem...

maybe others could do the same with their cars, there are so many variations, engines, trims, years, specs dependant on countries, phases, and it would be good if they were put on Flickr, it has good features, and is free.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Just checked it out, pretty nifty!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(