ZX No ALARM or LIGHTS ON BUZZER

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenbx

ZX No ALARM or LIGHTS ON BUZZER

Post by citroenbx »

1 : The ALARM on my recently aquired ZX 1.9TD doesn't work when armed with the PLIP. The lights dont flash theres no sounder goes off.
Where is the ALARM situated and how do i fault find ? Theres an half page mention in the Haynes Manual but they say take it to the Dealers :cry:

2 : My LIGHTS LEFT ON BUZZER doesn't work either ? I have changed the sounder from a my other ZX which i know works, there's no difference.
Checked all fuses all fine.Again the Manual is not good for this kind of thing.
Hope you can help.
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Has it got an alarm? Our 94 1.9D has nothing but an aftermarket imobiliser.

Do the interior lights work properly - ie when the doors are opened? The door switches (in the pillar between the hinges) must be in good order (about £1.50 new)
jeremy
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

I think so.......It has a Key Slot under the bonnet to turn the sounder off and its an AURA 1.9TD model...
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Never messed around with ZX/Xantia alarms - cant help you there.

A new buzzer would be some 2-3 quid and usually you will have to "strangle" it with some foam to save your ears :?
Its connected between interior lights door switches (earth side) and parking/tail lights. When lights are on and you open door it will buzz.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Same problem with my lights left on buzzer, does yours let out a small clicky relay type noise though? i've tried fiddling about with the board where the buzzer is attached to and tried removing it to test but have had no luck with that.

Strange thing is i have had it sound a couple of times.

How did you remove the sounder, from what i can see its a twist and pull, i can do the twist but it still wont come out through the hole.
  ...:::CITROENZX:::...
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

citroenzx wrote:Same problem with my lights left on buzzer, does yours let out a small clicky relay type noise though? i've tried fiddling about with the board where the buzzer is attached to and tried removing it to test but have had no luck with that.

Strange thing is i have had it sound a couple of times.

How did you remove the sounder, from what i can see its a twist and pull, i can do the twist but it still wont come out through the hole.
So it's "normal" for the buzzer to stop working :D

I have the same problem with my car, with one difference. One day I heard the relay clicking fast and then, smoke came out the steering column, not much but enough to scare the s*** out of me. Also, the turn signals would stop working sometimes when the relay started clicking and the only way to "reset" them was to turn on the "hazard" lights.

Never find the culprit but the relay stopped clicking and the buzzer stopped sounding.

I do sometimes get the "buzz" when light are on.
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

The sounder just pulls out but can be very stiff and a pig to put back in.
I still need help locating the Alarm on my ZX.i think someone has done something to the alarm and it has caused a few electrical hic hups.
If you know where the alarm lives please let me know..Thanks for now.