might change all 4 spheres???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

might change all 4 spheres???

Post by deian »

I'm experiencing what I think to be a 'harsh' ride, it's ok on high speeds, but on bad roads there is always some clunking/rattling, not as comfortable as i think it should be, when i say bad roads, i'm talking uneven surfaces/potholes, suspension just seems lazy to want to work at dampening the bad roads, now i can't say for sure if i do need to replace the suspension spheres on all four wheels, but i'm sure it will make a difference.

whats more, i haven't been in another xantia hydractive 2 to compare mine to, and also, since i've had it i've noticed a rapid decline in ride quality (unless it's me getting used to the ride), but still, i'd like to change the sphere's, any advice, tests? the car seems hard to push down at standstill, the bottom doesn't sink down with me in the boot, not sure what to think or do.... still £80 for 4 sphere's from GSF, and do the lot!? What dya think guys.

Thanks
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Hydropnumatic suspension does tend to give a hard ride over a rough surface at low speed, but if yours is worse than others you have tried, you probably need to change the spheres. The centre spheres are the ones that affect the ride most, they are in operation in 'soft' mode and switched out in 'sport' mode. With the engine running you should be able to bounce each corner of the car about 3-6", if you cant the spheres need replacing - assuming that your hydractive is working OK.