Best Wax & Polish inc. Colour Restorer

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Pheonix

Best Wax & Polish inc. Colour Restorer

Post by Pheonix »

Hi All,

Just thinking my car could probably do with a polish and wax soon as the paint work is looking a little tired.

There are also a few light scratches which are down to the undercoat and therefore slightly white on the roof, so ideally I'd like to clear these up a bit.

Was wondering if these colour replacement wax products are any good?

Also, what do people prefer in terms of makes and types of waxes and polishes? I've got a Peugeot 106 if it makes any difference!
Regards
Joe
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Joe -

I've used these modern polymere colour wax products for years now - and its a LOT easier than the old style turtle wax products. And yes they hide scratches very well. Though I doubt they can hide scratches that has exposed the primer layer on the bodywork.
I have to say though that they tend not to be as sturdy - i.e. reserve a nice warm autumn weekend to redo the job before winter.

The alternative is to let a professional carshop do the work. Bit expensive - but certainly lasts longer with that regained showroom shine you get :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Pheonix

Post by Pheonix »

Thanks anders! I put some cheap stuff I picked up on for now. Makes a world of difference, well worth doing every couple of months really! Will get some decent stuff and do it well before winter sets in metinks!

As an aside, does anyone know of a good way of cleaning the inside of the car's windows. A product or home made remedy, either is acceptable!

Oh and a good windscreen product would be good too!
Regards
Joe
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Windows are easy and cheap to get shiny- just dilute some vinegar in water, put it in one of those cheapy hand sprayers, spray it on the glass, wipe it over, and rub it with screwed up newspaper.

They will gleam like they've never done before 8)

Meant to add, scratches down to the primer can be dealt with by using the cheapo smart fix: kids wax crayons: get a set, find the closest colour match, rub it in and wax over.