Help Getting to Tensioner Bolts ZX1.9TD (Now Completed)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenbx

Help Getting to Tensioner Bolts ZX1.9TD (Now Completed)

Post by citroenbx »

I need some advice on how to get to the Roller Tensioner Bolts on my 94 ZX 1.9TD the ones under the Cam Pulley i cant seem to make any extra space to work ? :oops:

I am in the process of changing the Timing Belt/Water Pump and need to also change the Rollers as a precaution (125k)

Many Thanks
Last edited by citroenbx on 10 Apr 2006, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Have you tried jacking the engine up or down?
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Yes i usually do this to change the timing belt but i struggling to see the Roller bolts ...
Last edited by citroenbx on 09 Apr 2006, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Don't you loosen both bolts to do a timing belt? As far as I can remember they are all that holds it on.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

The problem i have is getting at the bolts ? ?
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I use a three quarter inch drive socket/ratchet for the pivot bolt and a half inch drive 13mm bi hex socket on the slotted hole (rearmost) one, six sided sockets dont help here, jacking that end of the engine up is a big help too
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I think you must mean a 1/4 inch drive socket/ratchet Stewart, you wouldn't get anywhere near with a 3/4 ratchet, plus there isn't a 13mm socket with a 3/4 drive in existence.

If citroenbx can't get to the roller bracket bolts, hows he going to cope with restraining the tensioner spring, and if it comes out how the hell is he going to get it back.

Sorry chap but the bolts you are on about are a piece of cake, if you are stumped here then don't go any further coz' it can get much worse, get some help.

Dave
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

When doing the cambelt & related components the associated (cars) RHS engine mount usually has to be removed completely for access.
Have you done this ?
- as this is strictly necessary to replace the belt - and to lower or hoist this end of the engine just enough to get sensible access ...
At times it will be necessary to detach the lower mount bolt at large disc end of bracket to allow the engine enough movement.

- or did you re-fit the mount too early in the process :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I stand corrected, it is a three eighth drive :oops:
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Thanks for all replies.......Well have now fitted three new rollers but what a sqeeze no room to work down that side.
Not managed to get timing belt set up yet,done 2 ZX belts before never had a problem but this one...Pheeeeeeeew
Well i'm learning all the time
If you can help with the belt answer see my new post....Thanks