Leather interior, swapping out the cloth!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Adstar
My Cars:

Leather interior, swapping out the cloth!

Post by Adstar »

I am in the process of swapping my cloth interior for a leather interior.

I have come across 2 major problems.

In my lovely 'base' spec 605 I had no headrests in the rear, and therefore no mounting brackets. Fortunately the owner of the donor vehicle has been VERY helpfull and will hopefully be supplying me with the brackets off the rear bulk head to allow the leather headrests to mount safely!

After practicly ripping the door card off one door.. I found I was unable to make the new leather door card fit. It turns out that the bracket for the arm rest is different in shape, angle, and size! Again, a most helpful donor supplier!

So as well as acting as a reference for anyone else attempting the swap, I would also like to know if anyone else has come across any other problems that I have yet to encounter!?

Thanks
605 Only an SL but it is a DT with a shake rattle and role!
Mk 1 MR2 waiting to have the final useful bits removed... RIP.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

My advice would be, don't do it.. Leather seats are highly overated! :roll: they get hot and make you sweat in summer, and are very cold and slippery in the winter..

In my opinion velour is the most comfortable cover for car seats.. It also looks very nice as well. :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Adstar
My Cars:

Post by Adstar »

I dont get it. Why does everyone say that about leather seats? My calibra had them and they were fine. The heated eliment ment that thay were not cold in the winter... and they never got too warm in the summer.

The Mr2 is cold in the winter.. but not enough to make me feel uncomfortable! And in the summer... leaving the roof off means there is never a problem with the seats getting hot.. even with me wearing shorts!

I have finally finished the interior conversion. The most important thing to note is that the rear arm rests are different. The mounting brackets are different and the switch surrounds are different.

Other than that, the only thing that the thing I am missing is the wiring for things like the door lights and the heated seat (Available with leather but not with cloth).

I assume the loom is there somewhere, but I wasn't going to rip the carpet up to find it as i don't have the switches for the seats!

As for the temperature.. the seats are chilled on cold mornings.. but thats not a problem. They were left to toast in the sun over the last week and were fine to sit on, barely warm, when I got in.

At least now I have the car I wanted! and the leather looks great and is VERY comfortable.
605 Only an SL but it is a DT with a shake rattle and role!
Mk 1 MR2 waiting to have the final useful bits removed... RIP.