ZX 95 Sticky AC Mechanical Pull Rod

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Marlon65
My Cars:

ZX 95 Sticky AC Mechanical Pull Rod

Post by Marlon65 »

My 1995 model ZX 1.4 manual at 251,000 KM here in Kuwait is working just fine. Winter ended a month ago and I started using the AC again after letting it rest for about 4 months. Recently, when the compressor kicks in, the accelerator would not increase to compensate the added load at idle. The engine would not die out but the RPM would really be low, and engine would shake more.

Note that, at idle, if the compressor is working, and the RPM is low due to the AC at work, I would solve the problem by stepping on the gas pedal to compensate the compressor load. After stepping on the pedal, and releasing it, the RPM would stay on the high side (about 800 to 1000). Meaning, after stepping on the pedal and releasing it, the problem would be solved. But when the compressor stops, and starts working again, the problem would come back. I think I have a sticky pull-rod or the mechanism with it, including the vacuum mechanism.

I tried removing some hose and checking by hand the vacuum coming from the carburetor, the vacuum is still there. But maybe the vacuum is not strong enough, or the just a sticky pull-rod mechanism. If it is, should I buy a new mechanism or I just remove that part and clean it. Any help would be appreciated.