Xantia TD Estate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jshodgson
My Cars:

Xantia TD Estate

Post by Jshodgson »

I've just P/X my saloon for an estate!

Is there anything I need to look for that I didn't with my saloon?? It looks like someone changed the glow plugs in Nov 2005 with 3 (you know the one they didn't attempt) NGK plugs. :cry:

Thanks,

James
Had (Saxo VTR 1999 (T) LPG converted - do not ask!!!)
Had (Xantia LX TD 1995 (M) 144,000 miles)
Had (Xantia TD Estate (N) 147,000 miles !)
NOW GOT Picasso 2.0HDi (02) 96,000 miles
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Hi James, me again. The estate has on certain builds a weakness with the drivers door. The hinge weld does not penetrate into the internal stiffner and allows the door to drop. It then gets very close to the rear door and in extreme cases can strike it. Repairs are readily done and a search across the forum will give you plenty of ideas. My own I did without welding OK.
The only other problem that has come to my notice on the TD is the earth strap from battery to engine. It is crimped at the engine end and the lead gives all the voltmeter tests as OK but in fact it has become a high resistance dry joint. This leaves you suspecting either the battery or the starter moter which will eventually suffer due to low voltage operation caused by the bad terminal.
I love mine and intend to keep for a lot longer. Robin
Citroens are dedicated to those who take a big bite - and just keep on chewing!
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Pull the boot carpet back a bit to see if it is wet underneath.There is a "waterproof" :D membrain inside the tail gate.If it comes unstuck,water can leak in,running along the boot floor & under the rear seats.Not a big job to reseal,but time consuming.There was a recent topic on here last month about it.I`ve had it a few times on mine untill i learnt how to seal it properly. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k