Anti-Sink? 94' TD Dimension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jcdel
My Cars:

Anti-Sink? 94' TD Dimension

Post by jcdel »

Sorry but here we go again.On start up from cold, the rear drops immediately and it is slow to return.The manual setting is responsive to full low and full high.The ride is getting progressively harder.I am thinking of flushing first to see if things improve.The previous owner insists that the spheres were changed 12mths ago.All suggestions welcome.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

12 months may be honest enough but they may have done 100,000 miles in that time :?:

You can kinda tell the age of the spheres by looking at the rear ones, well i personally think this, mine were really rusted up bad aswell as one of the fronts which was surprising really so it must have been in the engine for quite sometime...Im sure someone will shoot me down in flames :D
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

When my '94 was doing that same thing (sinking when started from cold), changing the accumulator sphere fixed it. You could try the same.
jcdel
My Cars:

Anti Sink

Post by jcdel »

thanks for that all.Next question:- Does it have two Accumulator Spheres?ie one at the front and one at the rear.I'm thinking that for 150 quiddish, it might be worth changing the lot.Oh! one more point, if the linkage is siezed ( I don't know yet for sure,)will this affect the height.(I presume it does looking at the set up whereby movement of the anti-roll bar transfers to the height corrector.) Thanks again. :roll:
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

The "Accumulator" sphere is located at the front of the engine bay (from underneath) next to the central area of the radiator.

The "Anti-Sink" sphere is located at the back of the car (from underneath) between the wheel spheres.

Their is only 1 accumulator sphere!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(