XM height regulator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nino1

XM height regulator

Post by nino1 »

From what i have read on the forum i might be a candiate for a rear height regulator greasing :)

How easy is it to access it?
Anything i need to know?

Tnx.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

About as easy as anything on an XM! Look along the anti roll bar and you will find a clamp bolted around it, secured with a single bolt. Connected to this clamp is the linkage that transfers the movement/position of the suspension to the height corrector. Spray the linkage with WD40, two or three times over a few days and it should free up. Once it has apply some grease, which should stop it siezing again.
nino1

Post by nino1 »

Anything i should be removing prior?
How about the front one?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Depending on the engine and year, you may have to remove a heat shield from above the transverse rear silencer. It's held by two small bolts that screw into the transverse crossmember at the bottom and by clips at the top. The bolts usually turn forever (use a big screwdriver between the shield and the crossmeber to apply pressure and stop the nuts rotating). The clips usually rot away after a number of years.

//NiSk
'85 BX 16TRS, '91 XM injection 241,000 km (company car), '93 XM TD12 (515,000 km), '98 XM 2.5TD Break (320,000 km)