Electric window on C5 2.0HDI/2003 - calibration - how?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hbrennum

Electric window on C5 2.0HDI/2003 - calibration - how?

Post by hbrennum »

First of all: This forum is great! People are nice, constructive and helpful! :D

I've only just joined on the basis of being the proud owner of a C5 2.0 HDI Prestige 03/2003 aut. - wonderful upgrade from my old ZX 1.8 AURA.

However I was hoping one of You helpful chaps could help me with a (hopefully) small problem: The left hand side rear side electrical window winds up to the 'closed'-position and then reverses down approx. 10 cm.

I gather its the 'calibration' of the anti-pinch safety feature thats off.

I've tried the fix of removing the battery connection for 5 min. - reconnecting and operating window fully down and then fully up (as described i users manual) - no dice. (On-board computer resets fine - so power has been off sufficiently long).

Is it neccesary to let the Citroen-shop tinker with my BSI-box??

Any other good ideas?

Best regards

Hannibal
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Have you tried a little lubrication in the glass runners around the door frame.

Silicone spray works wonders :wink:
hbrennum

Post by hbrennum »

yes i applied some silicone and the up/down function works fine and does not sound strained.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Try closing the window without the one touch function and keep pushing it's button up for a few seconds after it has closed. You will hear a kind of "click" from the window relay.

Welcome to the forum ;)
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
hbrennum

Post by hbrennum »

Thanks for the input Francisco.

I've tried what You suggested with and without removing the battery terminal - but all the windows acts as they've done all the time. Unfortunately also the problem-window :cry:

It does not matter which button I use (driver seat or rear seat) - it does not matter which 'mode' I use the button in (one-touch or single-movement) - the window rolls to the top and a second after it rolls down approx. 10 cm.

I really don't understand because my instruction manual describes:
"If the battery has been disconnected it is important to reactivate the safety system of the windows. Please perform the following operation: roll the window all the way down then raise the window again using the same button (it will only be possible to raise the window approx. 2 cm per activation). Keep activating the button until the window is in the top position.

This maneuvre is almost the same as you describe only my windows are not limited to rolling 2cm per activation. It seems like my car does not reset this safety system even though battery has been disconnected. ( I've even tried to short the battery connections after 10 min. disconnection to be sure all residual voltage was gone) Hmmmmm.

What to do?

Anyway - thanks for your help so far and thanks for the welcome :D

Best regards

Hannibal
2003 C5 HDI 2.0 Prestige aut.