xsara 2001 hdi 90 bhb

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

xsara 2001 hdi 90 bhb

Post by 1939 »

hi every one i wonder if any one can help me if the battry was taking off the car a few times would that alter the setting on the ecu at all as the car seems to be very heavy on derv i am only getting 110 miles on a half of a tank of diesel there is no leaks the brakes are not sticking changed the air filter and fuel filter the car runs ok there is no black smoke coming from it the car as done 95500 miles the engine as been serviced just not sure if the battry was taken off a few times if it would alter the setting the car went throught the mot last november all was ok thanks to any one that can help me
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The "worst thing" that could happen would be the ECU resetting any fault codes - and maybe any service indication data.
This can not & will not have anything to do with a bad mpg.

Whats a half tank ? Have you actually tried to calculate how many liters the car consumes on those 110 miles ?
If you go by "half tank" on the fuel indicator - you are highly IN-accurate to say the least :roll:

I'd say 10 miles on the liter is not too bad on mixed driving.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
My Cars:

xsara 2001 hdi 90 bhb

Post by 1939 »

thanks AndersDK
yes you may be right i will fill it up and run the car till it runs out and see what is is doing its mixed driving as well thanks for your time and for the imfo
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

As Anders says, you cant get an accurate assessment of the fuel consumption unless you brim the tank and do so again when you refill. Fuel gauges are notoriously non linear, according to the one on my XM, I cover the first 150 miles of a tankful without using any fuel at all!
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

My hdi about the same milage , does about 450 miles to 1/2 way mark then 150 on the bottom half . I can get from hastings in sussex to merthy in wales on just a quarter tank , on the way back takes 3/4 of the tank , just shows you how bad the gauges are . You just need to get use to the gauge setup .
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy