creaking front suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

orac
My Cars:

creaking front suspension

Post by orac »

HI 1990 xm 2.0 the front suspension creakes when the car goes up at the front i think it might be the hieght corrector if so would i have to drain the LHM? and what should the correct
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Does the car rise unevenly, in jerks? If so you may be in for strut problems. One the car has risen to its normal height, try prssing down the front and then releasing it. If you don't get any jerks or creaking here, then its not so bad. You could try pulling up the terrible plastic gaiters from around the strut rods, washing out all the road crap and lubricating the rods with LHM before pulling the gaiters down again.
//NiSk
orac
My Cars:

Post by orac »

thank you for your reply i have pressed down the car at normal ride hieght it still creaks but iwill now try what you have recomended and will let you know how iget on thankyou very much
orac
My Cars:

Post by orac »

thanks nisk for your suggestion the problem was the road dirt and muck in the gaiters it took along time to do but it is now done much appriciated
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Thanks for that.I have had the same problem for some time,did not consider it too serious,but will this advice