2 Questions about ZX Doors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenbx

2 Questions about ZX Doors

Post by citroenbx »

1 : What Cause's the doors to droop ? The passenger side front door feels likes its drooped when opened is there a way to adjust them ?

2 : How do i remove a back door on a scrapped car and re-fit on my own vehicle ?

Thanks
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

1) worn or compressed door hinge pins - replace or redo hinge pins. They can be re-tensioned laying on the gap of a vice - and then pressing (hammering) a sharp chisel down the gap on the hinge pin to widen the gap a mm or so. Be sure to grease well with general purpose grease on re-fitting.

2) depending on electric equipment fitted and salvage wanted - remove front safety belt and plastic cover then cut all the wires and withdraw (towards door) the bellow with wires. Open door and support the lower edge. Now remove hinge pins with some smart tooling. Instantly replace hingepin with a little less dia nail - then go on to the second hinge pin.
Now remove door and repeat process at home on your own car.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Interesting you post this a about 6 months ago I fitted a pair of front doors on my 3dr they have been fine except for the last week or so, both doors have dropped and snagged to catches.
I presume this was done to them settling so thought I'd just readjust them, then spent the next 10mins looking at the hindges scratching my head. It soon clicked :oops: I adjusted the catches on the rear quaters now they are perfect, much better then when I originally fitted them, you only need to push the door & it'll close properly. I have a feeling they may need slight 'finishing' once on the road to stop wind noise.
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Thanks so far......Do i need to purchase a special tool to extract the Door Pins ?
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Try if you can get punches down there not scratching the paint. If not possible you need a hardened steel angle punch - which offsets the point to hammer on the punch - a simple but clever tool.

Cant remember the make of it - but several members here knows about it.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image