Synergie 1.9 TD Steering Pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steve.cafc
My Cars:

Synergie 1.9 TD Steering Pump

Post by steve.cafc »

Hello All,
My first post on what is a great forum.

When my Synergie is running at low revs, like when I'm parking or driving quite slowly, The steering becomes very heavy and I have to apply more revs to get power assistance.
I've had my belt tensioned and its fine, and my tyres are inflated to 34psi, So I think my pump is at fault?
My question is, Would a steering pump from a 1.9TD Xantia or 1.9DT Peugeot 406 fit my Synergie ?
My local car breakers has lots of Citroen/Peugeot cars but not many Synergie's.

My steering pump has the numbers 91128 stamped on it.

Many Thanx.
R-reg Synergie 1.9 TD X
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Welcome to the Forum :) .
Is there plenty of fluid it the steering system? :oops: :)
I had a Cavalier once that had the same problems,changed the pump & all was well.
Not sure about the pumps being the same from other models,but you can rule out a Xantia pump.They use 1 hydralic pump for the steering,suspension & brakes,so dont have a seperate steering pump. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
steve.cafc
My Cars:

Synergie Steering Pump

Post by steve.cafc »

Hello Neil P,
Thanx for your reply, Yes fluid is topped up to the max on the bottle.
Looks like I'll have to part with cash on Europarts and get a new pump then :shock:
thanx
R-reg Synergie 1.9 TD X
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

You need to get hold of a parts catalogue and see if you can work out interchangeability by serial numbers. You may be able to get access to Citroens own - the PR net - there are probably instructions on here - or a manufacturer or reconditioner may publish one which is available for download.

The supply of ordinary PAS pumps is probably better than LHM pumps for hydraulic Citroens and it may be that some of the larger factors have access to recon pumps.

Quinton Hazell publish a large number of downloadable catalogues but don't seem to do power steering pumps yet.
jeremy
rhinoeng

power steering pump

Post by rhinoeng »

most cit or peu pumps fit just have to check inlet & outlet pipes the inlet angle may be slightly diferent use longer pipe some of the outlets have diferent size threads otherwise all fit have done this mod & is ok cost £35 all including pump thanks Rhinoeng