SAXO heated rear window/heater blower!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jamespe

SAXO heated rear window/heater blower!!

Post by jamespe »

Hi,
My sisters got a 99 saxo 1.0. The other day both the heated rear window and the heater blower packed up. I have checked the user manual and located the correct fuse/s and changed them but there was no change. The light on the switch for the HRW does`nt illuminate.
Is there a relay in this circuit?? If so, can anyone help me to locate and change it??
Many thanks in advance
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

You'll find the relays on the Saxo in the fuse box under the glove box. There's four relays situated above the fuse bank.
Jon

Post by Jon »

If changing the relays makes no difference, your probably looking at replacing the Ignition lock.Its a common Saxo fault.
Jon Wood
forum@andyspares.com
jamespe

Post by jamespe »

Thanks guys, the problem that I have is which relay is it? As the blower and the hrw both share the same fuse, am i to assume that they share the same relay as well??
I dont really want to change all the relays and then find out that it is the ignition swithch as that would prove costly.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

it does sound to me like the ignition switch that is at fault but there is no need to replace it.the wiring harness at the ign switch should be modified as follows: there are three 2 pin connectors comming out of the switch black,brown & grey,unplug the BROWN connector.cut off the plug on the side that goes into the wiring harness (NOT the end that goes into the switch) and join the wires together (preferably soldered) to make a loop in the harness that should cure the problem.remember to insulate the wires properly.the part of the plug that came out of the switch shuold be left alone. i put the same reply in for jon's same problem for the saxo 1.5 diesel recently but it seems to hav vanished !
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

sorry it is still there.see also jon's SAXO 1.5 DIESEL problem