Xantia Electric Window

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rikszos

Xantia Electric Window

Post by rikszos »

I have problems with the drivers side electric window on my 1994 Xantia VSX. On pressing the switch the window opens but jams one third down. It makes a grating/ratchety sound until the switch is pressed again, to which it returns to the top, and continues to make this sound again as if the motor is working, but slipping until the switch is pressed. Any hints to whether the window motor or the regulator has gone?
Thanks
abk
My Cars:

Post by abk »

Strange
It sounds like something is jamming your window. Dismantling the door trim is relatively easy, I would suggest doing this to see whats going on.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have problems with the drivers side electric window on my 1994 Xantia VSX. On pressing the switch the window opens but jams one third down. It makes a grating/ratchety sound until the switch is pressed again, to which it returns to the top, and continues to make this sound again as if the motor is working, but slipping until the switch is pressed. Any hints to whether the window motor or the regulator has gone?
Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
ricflairandy

Post by ricflairandy »

did you ever find out what this was?