Does anyone have a gobbledeegook translator...?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Does anyone have a gobbledeegook translator...?

Post by andmcit »

http://tinyurl.com/eebnq

Over the years I've got used to incomprehensible listings on ebay but does anyone have a spare Citroen anteater!?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad really isn't it - you could give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's foreign, but I feel from the description it's just may be due to other reasons....

:wink:

It's beyond defence when you realise that ebay actually offers a spell checker before you list an item...

Give micheal an email if you want more pitchers...

Andrew
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Now there's a long term project if ever I saw one.. An anteater (citroen or otherwise) would be handy to clear the bugs from the upholstery I would imagine!
just when I think the whole world is becoming a grey, boring and dreary place, this chap comes along and brightens my day by reminding me how diverse the human race is! -I've been trying to work out what the chap means re the corporate insectivore.. any ideas anyone? ( Michael has a good feedback record anyway, comms difficulties or not)
I won't do that again
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

He's also selling a naked computer........
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

With the Xm's auction he sounds quite lucid and I can actually understand him at the start, but it appears he's finished a bottle of Vodka by the time he's got to the end!!

He's had the engine rebulit and the hydraulics done and has a £2000 receipt for all the work!? Bargain, just dont know where I'd get the anteater from...

Andrew
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Sounds like Stanley Unwin, if anyone remembers him!
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

Its worth the £10 starting price for parts, especially if you get all the video tapes on the passenger seat. Not sure about the hoe and the door though!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I gave up on the Citroen anteater. Too much like aardvark; (though a little aardvark never killed anybody...)
Be happy: it is a way of being wise. (Confucius.)
'92 TZD Estate(Grolliffe), Gone but never to be forgotten.
'95 405 GLX TD Estate. too new to name.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

its a shame when some people think they can get by with brains alone,when they just need to add some common sence,whilst you can get by with just common sence alone,besides every body on the planet has one form of dislecsyer or another
regards malcolm
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I agree, It actually doesn't look as terrible a project as first impressions indicate
[or is it just me?]

The headlight panel seems to be there and the radiator looks intact -
he's lost the lights and the nosecone with what's left of the bumper
hanging in there!! Guess you could reasemble an interesting jigsaw
puzzle and drive it home!! ;-)

He's had the engine rebulit and the hydraulics done and has a £2000
receipt for all the work!? Bargain, just dont know where I'd get the
anteater from...

In the listing he sounds quite lucid and I can actually understand him at the start, but it appears he's finished a bottle of Vodka by the time he's got to
the end!! Do you think that maybe he got locked out of the car on another of his Vodka induced benders?

The break the door handle AND the tailgate lip you'll have to be on
something!!

Andrew
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Overall the auction makes for interesting reading (entertainment) due to the poor communication.

Although he managed to spell the word imbecile correctly, so he has done well to do that, and it's a word that has a french connection tracing it back to it's roots. (I.E. etymology)

This is a quote from the advert
micheal1370 wrote:If you wont any more pitchers just send me you email address
Somehow I think anyone who does send him their email address, will have a problem with receiving it, due to the :shock: bade spilling from this seller. Looks like he :wink: woz tort Engliz bye Ali G. :D
bxbodger wrote:He's also selling a naked computer........
Well it would appear he has a problem with plastic casings, I.E no computer tower/casing, and the damaged nose cone on the car.

Reading through the feedback there are replies which are as poorly communicated as the auction, maybe he has been bidding on his own stuff. As for the feedback from one person who said that the communication was good, :) well they must have a "goobledeegook translator" that this seller sold them previously. :wink:

The anteater seems to have disappeared due to the auction being revised, although the revision didn't go far enough to attend to all the communication problems with the listing.

Maybe the video on the passenger seat is about DIY XM repair, and he has not got around to watching it.

As for the damage on the tailgate, and to the door handle it's like as if he lost it Basil Fawlty style, and started to attack the car.

There is also still only currently one bid on the car which is probably of dubious origin.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Now the description is revised, I believe I know the answer!!!! :idea:

ANTEATER translates as.........ALTERNATOR :!:
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

You think he would have corrected the countless others too :roll:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well the auction appears to have been edited yet again, because all the odd excessive spaces have now gone. Although the spelling, including missing letters has still not been attended to. :roll:

Also now it appears the auction has been ended early. [-( Maybe he's thrown the rattle out of the pram,Image
and doesn't want to sell it anymore, it's mine, and I want to play with it. So there.

As for the one bid that it attracted that has now gone. It has vanished !
Now you see me, now you don't it's magic ! Where's it gone ? Image No one knows. No one cares.

The seller probably has Image a certain figure in mind, although when this damaged jigsaw was seen
by others on ebay, I think they judged it to be worth(less). :)

It's those damm anteaters, Image those aardvarks tend to have a negative effect on value.