306 XSI (8v)

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KATY

306 XSI (8v)

Post by KATY »

Hi all...

I'm new here & in a lot of trouble I've broken "HER" beloved pug & promised to fix it.........

The question is can anybody tell me how to get the cam box cover off ? its a 306 2.0xsi with the early 8v XU series lump ?

After removing all the bolts, hoses etc I expected to be able to just lift it off but there is not enough room at the back for it to clear the servo! so at the moment i'm stuffed....

I Read through the manual & it suggested removing the lower left engine/gearbox mount so as to be able to move the lump to create enough space to be able to remove the servo unit.... am I to assume the same procedure is applied for the cam cover? if so thats what I will do but the logic seems daft & a lot of extra work.

Hopefully.....

KATY
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

put jack under engine and remove top engine mount you can then go down a bit and forward :wink:
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
KATY

306 XSI (8V)

Post by KATY »

CHEERS...

The bugger came off just as you explained

But now its all got a lot worse..........

Whilst tinkering I droped the oil & found it was quite milky (1st horror) so did a quick pressure test & it was S**t on 1 & 2 cyls (2nd horror).

I stripped the inlet manifold out & discovered the oil leak which I thought was coming from the cam box was in fact coming from the head gasket, (3rd horror)....

So I've deceided to strip it down & see what can be salvaged, repaired or replaced.

Regards

KATY