Fuel Pump Update

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Fuel Pump Update

Post by user_3150 »

Morning Everyone, just to inform you that all is well now the fuel pump has been replaced. First of all I changed the fuel filter "as advised" but this made no difference unfortunately. So I bit the bullet and replaced the pump which has cured the problem of noise and vibration. Although, reading other posts and advice from my previous post suggested it "may" be the filter or filter housing. Also people who changed the pump found that it was still doing the same thing so they changed the filter housing and all was O.K. Anyway so far so good and with 500+ miles since changing the pump no problems have occurred. Thanks to all who helped and advised.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You've saved yourself a bob or two there then, well done!
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Cheers Peter, I find the Xantia a relatively easy car to work on so I don't mind having a bash at things myself. It would be nice for it to be running OK with no niggles though but I still have problems with the clock that I will have to look into. Also the boot lock solenoid needs doing (got the solenoid just need some warmer weather). And the front suspension has just started to knock (probably a drop link gone again). Oh well keeps me out of trouble.
JohnTurbo
My Cars:

Post by JohnTurbo »

Those drop links are a pain. I looked at mine when doing a cv gator...about 5 mill of play in the joint...:S

Anyone got a cheap source? Eurocarparts seems a bit pricey considering my local factor sold me a track rod end for 7 quid and its a similar part.
Citroens have more spheres.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

My own experience with droplinks (and ball links in general) is that later species from new are too sparsely lubed from factory.
Try inject a good dap of general purpose grease inside the small rubber protector next time you have a new ball link in hand ready to go in.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
therealyeti
My Cars:

Post by therealyeti »

Just a quick note to say that many of the problems with the HDI low pressure pump in tank is caused by heat from running the tank between empty and quater full, kept full, the diesel helps keep pump cool, at low level, most of the pump body is in air, and not cooled
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Never thought of that will give it a go from now on. Also all is well still no new noises and running perfectly well :D .