just home from the garage

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

baffsfishing

just home from the garage

Post by baffsfishing »

hi guys
finally got round to putting my xantia into the garage, :D

4xspheres - £118+20.65 vat
fluid - £10+1.75 vat
labour - £78.00+13.65
total =£242.05
the suspension is great its like a floating carpet now, i think the spheres must have been on the way out when i bought it,what a difference.
only thing now is it seems to pitch sidewards now is this normal?and also could you tell me if you have too run the car gently for a while after the spheres are replaced to allow everything to settle down

cheers roy
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Replacing the spheres shouldn't make it 'pitch' it may make it roll a bit more. I would start by checking your tyre pressures.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Strangely its not the spheres that settle down but the LHM. Give the car a week or 2 depending on your mileage and it will feel as it should. I think the LHM molecules mash up a bit and the stuff then gets to its normal running spec.

Doing Citroebics during this time won't do any harm and will expel any dissolved gas that comes out of the fluid.
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the garage might have put the wrong spheres on,this could make the ride a lot softer than it should be,or they have not put a matched pair on each axle "very unlikly"to the later
regards malcolm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Its possible, but they would have to be very wrong to make a noticable difference. It could be that your old spheres were so bad that you have forgotten what hydropnumatic suspension feels like!. You can check one side against the other by 'bouncing' the appropriate corner and comparing it with the other one.
baffsfishing

Post by baffsfishing »

yip peter as a said i dont think the car was ever right ,this is my my first citroen(not my last) and ive probably never experienced proper suspension i will keep you all informed on how the car settles down

cheers everyone
roy