Xantia TD 94' auxiliary drive belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jcdel
My Cars:

Xantia TD 94' auxiliary drive belt

Post by jcdel »

:( Tensioner arrived and fitted.Piece of cake.The bad bit:- GSF supplied a 6PK1130 drive belt that does not fit.Their listing shows it as the correct one.I have measured it with the old belt and there is a 10mm shortfall on the new belt.The only way to fit it is with the top alternator bolt removed.Anybody else had this problem. Cheers.

PS- Non-Aircon
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The belt notation is:6 = no of ribs
1130 = length

I'm surprised it doesn't fit as Quinton Hazell list the belt as being 61132 (same interpretation - so 2 mm longer - which would be taken up in the adjustment)

That belt changes in July 95 for a belt with a length of 1113mm and that is used to 2001.

The aircon belts are all in the range of 1700 and would be obviously different.

I wonder whats happened here? Are the markings still visible on the belt - I don't know how it was identified - and expect they read the belt - but its just possible it was in a marked sleeve and had been swapped over.

Has someone been fiddling before you got the car?
jeremy
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

How does the belt that came off compare for length with the new belt?

How are you tensioning the belt? You shouldn't need to touch your alternator bolts at all, adjusting the tensioning pulley should be enough.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Look at the alternator support bracket - the one that holds the alternator onto the engine.
If this has kind of 4 support bolt eyes to hold the alternator upper & lower bolts - then its the later type drivebelt (1113) you need as pr Jeremy.

If the bracket only have a single eye holding the upper alternator bolt - then its the earlier type drivebelt 1132.

In neither cases the alternator itself can be adjusted - unless the complete setup has been modified.

Its not just a question of fitting the belt onto the rollers ? In many cases a perfectly fitting belt can be quite fiddly to initially go over the rollers.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
jcdel
My Cars:

drive belt

Post by jcdel »

apparently previous owner suffered an alternator pulley problem and the AA organised a botch repair at a motorway service area.Clearly this is why the 1130/1132 belt does not fit.Just been and got a s/h alternator from breakers and the belt fits a treat.Was able to fit the pulley with alternator in situ.
Thanks for replies.