berlingo - zx brake caliper......

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

berlingo - zx brake caliper......

Post by 8304 »

bit of a slong shot this one but..........

does anybody on here know if the following part no. will fit my 94 td zx???

XC82627

it is for a berlingo front brake caliper...

cheers
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Is that definitely the correct part number. What is it?
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

its the part number for one of the calipers from the front of a berlingo van.

i know a certain type will fit on the zx and they are meant to be much better, im just trying to establish which type....

im not sure whos part number that is but i was hoping it was a citroen one cos i know there are people on here with manuals and parts lists etc...

dont worry too much if its not recognised....it may well be a part number from an aftermarket manufacturer - non genuine or somthing...
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Maybe Jeremy knows the company on this part no type ? 8)

Its not a common Citroen part no. These dont have leading letters in the part no - but may have 2 trailing letters in part no. like (as they are the same as) Peug parts.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I haven't got a clue as to what that number relates to. I agree with Anders that the number doesn't look like a Citroen one so it may be a manufacturers number or something - and I haven't a clue.

However little is new in the world of Citroens and there's loads of interesting things on this site so I suggest you search. My first search produced this which seems to be on topic

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=11842

and this

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=5139
jeremy
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

8304 wrote:its the part number for one of the calipers from the front of a berlingo van.

i know a certain type will fit on the zx and they are meant to be much better, im just trying to establish which type....

im not sure whos part number that is but i was hoping it was a citroen one cos i know there are people on here with manuals and parts lists etc...

dont worry too much if its not recognised....it may well be a part number from an aftermarket manufacturer - non genuine or somthing...
Yes a certain type will fit. I have them fitted. The discs are the same size as bx 16v vented. You need the Girling variety rather than Bosch which I believe make the job a lot more complicated cit part no 4401 a8 and 4410 a9. (The part number you gave is not a Citroen number FACT).
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

ok

thanks a lot people.

i wasnt sure if the number was a citroen one as it was lifted straight from e-bay, it obviously is not.

i am keen to do this mod on my car soon, in true sods law style the front drivers brake caliper sliders have started to sieze causing the drivers front brake to get very hot, less than a week before the mot :roll: ill sort it this weekend but would like to put "berlingos" on soon

cheers

alastair

MK2 Cortina 1600e