keypad imobiliser

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

graham593192

keypad imobiliser

Post by graham593192 »

Although this problem is on a peugoet partner van I thought I would also post it on here ans things seem to get more responses on here and given that the partner is the same as the belingo van I thought you guys may be able to be of more help!!
your help please.

I have an r reg ('97) partner van.
I have just been on holiday for two weeks and when I tried to start it today it wouldn't start.
I suspect the problem is something to do witht the keypad imobiliser as I put my code in (it was correct!) and the green light came on but the red light also stayed on, it wouldn't start. Whenever I turn the ignition on now both lights come on and the engine will turn over but not start.
I have one of these on my citroen xantia but have never had problems witrh it. if you put the wrong code in by accident you just turn the ignition off and start again.
When I had a look under the bonnet I noticed that the positive battery terminal was loose and wonder if this could have anything to do with the problem. However there was still enough current to be able to turn the engine over no problems.

Any suggestions please

graham
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Wer'e not ignoring you, its just that no one who has the answer has read it yet! Not a problem I have had, to new for me. Does it have an emergency fuel cut out? My XM did and I had to get the AA out to find out!
graham593192

Post by graham593192 »

Any suggestions?

I know its a peugoet but they're not all that bad, they are made mostly of citroen parts!! surely this part is the same as they put on the cars.

I'm sure I've read on here about problems with immobilisers but there's that many posts its hard to find them.
graham593192

Post by graham593192 »

I can't see a fuel cut off in an obvious place anywhere.

I suspect its the immobiliser. just left the battery disconnected for a couple of hours to see if it will reset everything but both lights still come in and it won't start.

I want to get it going tonight as i've an interview at nine in the morning and I'll have leave at seven to take the misses to work so Io can have the car if I don't get it going!!!
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

try this reset procedure it works on 106+306 when wrong code is entered then does not accept the right code.

close drivers door
switch on igntion fully and wait 4 mins
switch off igntion
open/close drivers door so interior light comes on/off
wait 90 seconds
switch on igntion
enter code

and hopefully its ok!!

if not check for water in 9 pin relay under bonnet for immobilizer and that enertia switch has not been knocked
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

agreed with the steps above. I once put the wrong code in our blue Xantia 3 times, I know I dunno why, I left it for 30mins rather than 4 - just to be sure :lol:
graham593192

Post by graham593192 »

i'll try your suggestion. if it doesn.t work where will i find the relay and ihertia switch. I did look for things like that before but only found fuses
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

under the bonnet prob on the bulkhead or strut towers, its a rubber toped push switch, the ruber cover is either black or red
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Looks like no 7 in this pic
graham593192

Post by graham593192 »

tried this a few times and no sucsess.

No sign of an inertia switch in any obvious place.

where is the imobilisor relay? the only relay I can see under the bonnet is a large one next to the fuse box. it has numerous wires going in to it including one direct from the battery. I thought this was for the glow plugs.

I think I am going to tow it down the road tomorrow afternoon with my car and call the aa out and see what they can do with it.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

if its a oil burner its on the pump I think & quite easy to bypass.
mipster
My Cars:

Post by mipster »

What engine is in it?

It's likely to be an electrical problem, my xantia had the same fault recently:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=18042

firstly check the fuses, including the under the bonnent, on mine labelled 'ignition'
check and clean the earth points and multipin connectors then test the voltage at the keuypad and ecu (is applicable)

At the keypad you should have 1 pin at 12v, with the ignition off and 2 with it on.

mipster
98 Xantia 2.1TD Estate 140,000mls
01 Xsara HDI, 130,000mls
97 Xantia TD, 240,000mls (died in france)
graham593192

Post by graham593192 »

It's a bit of a bodge but i fixed the problem!

Checked all wires, connections, fuses etc that I could find and still it wouldn't find.

Checked the voltage on the stop solonoid and there was nothing so I stripped back some of the wire going into it and soldered a wire onto it with a crocodile clip onto the battery.

It started first go!
However it wouldn't stop unless I disconnected the wire from the battery, obviously this would be a pain when I'm driving!

Now have the wire going through a switch in the dash which i just switch off to stop the engine and then switch on again so I can start it again. My boat and tractor engines at work have a stop button you pull out which does exactly the same thing.

Both lights are still on on the keypad all the time and I don't have to put the number in but the engine works and I can drive my van again!!
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

All of which goes to show how much use the immobiliser is on these models :D