VSX vacuum leak?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andybsmith

VSX vacuum leak?

Post by andybsmith »

Help, my VSX has started to behave erratically, its idle speed is higher than normal, it seems to have lost a bit of mid range power, it hesitates on acceleration and there is a whistling noise coming from the accelerator inlet area. I assume that it is a vacuum leak, from around this area somewhere but i cannot find it. Also whilst pulling at things I managed to break the vacuum link pipe to the antistall? device. (It works an arm that is linked to the accelerator linkage). Anyone any ideas on either the leak or how to fix it. If it helps to identify the bust part I'll post a piccie. :cry:
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I am a little confused, I thought you were talking about a petrol engine, about which I know very little, but your further comments about 'anti stall' lead me to the conclusion that it is diesel. If its a turbo diesel and the power has dropped off combined with a whistling noise, the chances are that you have a leak somewhere in the pipe either form the turbo to the intercooler or intercooler to inlet manifold. There is also a small rubber pipe that goes from the intercooler to the pump, that senses the increase in pressure when the turbo comes in, if that comes off, the fuel will not be increased when the turbo comes in.
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Try posting the picture it will help
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
andybsmith

Not diesel

Post by andybsmith »

My vsx is the early 2.0l 16v petrol 155bhp model, suprisingly the broken vacuum pipe hasn't caused any runing problems yet, and it seems to have stopped the erratic/high idle speed. here are some pics to see if anyone can identify the part help me please guys.

[/list][/url]
andybsmith

How

Post by andybsmith »

How do you post picies then?
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Ive registered an account at www.photobucket.com

Upload your image to the site then paste the link it provides for each photo, for each photo it provides you with 3 different links

A normal browser window link
Something else
And a Picture link

I think for this site its the 3rd link you need to copy and paste if not try the 2nd and if not just copy and paste the actual link to where the photo is stored (1st link)
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
andybsmith

thnx

Post by andybsmith »

ok here are piccies