zx gearbox oil change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lister
My Cars:

zx gearbox oil change

Post by lister »

Hi quick help please!
I've lost my Haynes manual at the moment & need to change my gearbox oil. Where's the drain & refill ports on a 1995 ZX TD! Ta, loosing time rapidly!!
Not had a Citroen for 3 years after my Xantia Exclusive was nicked & smashed. 2 ZX Tds before that. Got our old ZX estate back home now. Glad to be back......
lister
My Cars:

Post by lister »

OK so I've found the drain port on the back of the diff, is the fill port the screwed in plastic cap (with the pull off top) located on the top of the bellhousing next to the battery tray?
Not had a Citroen for 3 years after my Xantia Exclusive was nicked & smashed. 2 ZX Tds before that. Got our old ZX estate back home now. Glad to be back......
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Yeah thats the filler hole, its a bit tricky to fill without getting some spilled.
tony1

Post by tony1 »

The plastic cap is the gear box breather. The gear box is filled via the combined filler/level plug on the end of the box. You need to remove the access cover in the left wheel arch.
02 - Berlingo HDI Forte
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

tony1 is right. To drain I believe there's a drain plug on the same side of the box.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

il stand corrected then... you mean ive been filling my zx boxes up through the wrong hole!!!! oops
__CA__

Post by __CA__ »

You can fill them through the breather, it doesn't do any harm. Seemed easier to do it that way when I put my engine and box back in, but then again I had all the engine loom, hoses, battery etc out of the way... might be a bit buried normally?
stevieb

Post by stevieb »

The filler hole on the end of the box is there to help you find the level. As soon as the oil starts to dribble back out, then it's reached the right level.

Obviously, the car needs to be level when doing this.