Hydraulic Advice.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BonceChops
My Cars:

Hydraulic Advice.

Post by BonceChops »

I have just bought a Xantia estate 2.1TD from ebay. It was described as "mechanically sound and drives very nicely" I travelled 200 miles by train to collect it and it bounced 200 miles back up the motorway with flat front suspension spheres. I swopped them with my other, soon to be departed Xantia and the ride is ok now. When I checked the LHM it is a yellow/brown colour.

I have bought 4 new suspension spheres and some of the flushing fluid for the hydraulic system. The advice I am after is should I clean out the system and refill with the Hydraclense then fit the spheres. Fit the spheres first then clean out. Wait till I have cleaned the system and refilled with LHM before I fit the new spheres. Any ideas on which way I should do it folks.

I have yet to decide on my ebay feedback. I am tempted to phone the chap and tell him he miss described the car. He also 'forgot' the heater fan does not work, the bottom drivers side door hinge had broken from it's already welded repair (fixed now), EGR valve stops the revs from dropping at gearchange so I am changing gear like a to**er and the back end is 30mm low. All simplish jobs but very annoying all the same.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If you are going to flush the system, I would do it before you fit the spheres, that way you should only have clean fluid in them. Sorry to hear about the problems with the car, but it is a Citroen! The seller should have declared any other faults, that's what e bay is all about, but when I am buying a car I test everything (I can think of) before I take it, if I subsequently find any faults I've only got myself to blame.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

What you say about the car being mis-described then you a right to say to the seller that he has gone against Ebay rules basically as he hasnt listed any of the faults quite clearly present, i presume you didnt go to check it before hand since its 200 miles away so it would have been nice for the seller to give you a heads up before your journey just incase you turned up and said NOPE...you never told me about these things, im off home on the train!!!

I would say to him though, did you pay by paypal??? Unfortuantly if you paid by cash and then werent happy im not sure what his come back with be, if you didnt pay by paypal then i dont think you have much come back with them but the seller might be ok about it all.

Wonder what his reaction will be if you ask for some sphere money!!!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(