Odd ZX 16v question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Odd ZX 16v question

Post by rossnunn »

the rubbing strips on a 16v kit (the upper part of the side mouldings) should they be / do they look better colour coded?
I've always thought they look better black with a black rear spoiler but now I'm not sure, I still think a black spoiler is better than a CC job
__CA__

Post by __CA__ »

I think it depends on the colour of the car Ross. If the car is white, the black bits are very noticeable, as there's too much contrast. On my dark green 16v you barely notice them:

compared to:

rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

so on all the 16v years they are black?
__CA__

Post by __CA__ »

I think so, yes. The only ones I'm not sure about are the very last ones made, which had the 167bhp 306 GTi engine in them (but were never sold in the UK).
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

so do we think black, or body coloured looks best?

zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

This is a 'purely personal taste' issue and one is not 'better' than the other, but as you ask I prefer black.... but most importantly which do YOU prefer?
Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
Xantia V6 Exclusive (2000
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

If you do colour code them make sure its done right, as there is nothing worse than then when the paint starts falking off. Personally I noticed the lack of wheels on the green ZX more than the rubbing strips!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I don't know, on one hand I think that they can look dated in black, but on the other I think the black breaks up the colour.
I think I'll go colour coded for now, as I'm doing the pillars black, then I can always redo the strips black if it looks abit much.

On another note, my 16v rear spoiler has a pair of rubber pads that sit between it & the glass, they are quite badly cracked, I have tried the main dealers but they say I'd have to order 5 or something daft. Can I get these anywhere else? does GSF or ECP do them?
I went to peugeot & they rekon its part of the spoiler kit on the 306 so cannot order them seperatly
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

My taste

Wilkobob had an all white zx sx R-reg with colour coded bump strips with red lining, the red lining never looked right.

He removed the lining so all white and it just didnt look right still.

I think black bump strips dont look good on a white zx

However that dark green with black strips complement each other well.

Oh and my zx tempation r-reg is silver with colour coded strips but with the silver alloy strip which complemented it well also.[/b]
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(