xantia rear end

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steve lowe

xantia rear end

Post by steve lowe »

anybody got a diagram of the rear linkage to the height corrector. i have just fitted a new one and im not sure if ive got it right cos the back end is now stuck up in the air. :cry:
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

If you're refering to the plastic link, there is only one place it can go :wink:

Did you loosen the rollbar clamp when you fitted the link ? If so you'll have to follow the height setting procedure found elsewhere on this forum....

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Have a diagram anyway. :)

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
steve lowe

rear end

Post by steve lowe »

thanks for your reply but i did not mean the clip. i mean the bracket that comes from the diaphragm. it sits on a pin and a spring somehow fits into a slot. the spring has two legs on it and im not sure if i have reassembled it correctly. looking at the diagram the spring appears to have bothh legs at the front of the bracket. when i removed the old corrector only one leg of the spring went through the second slot on the bracket . i reassembled in the same manner but now the back end is stuck up in the air can anybody please advise :oops:
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Steve -

Try refer to item no's in the diagram submitted by Clogzz.

- or are you in fact talking about internal parts/bits inside the HC itself ?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

For clarification, in that picture the TOP diagram is for a rear height corrector, and the BOTTOM one is actually the front height corrector.

The brackets are a bit different, although the principle of operation is the same.

So you dissassembled the spring assembly as well ? From memory, the spring sits over a large round peg, and there are two flat plate swinging arms - the top one goes to the height corrector (it has a peg that sits in an elongated hole) and the bottom one has the ball coupling hanging from it onto which the plastic link clips.

Unfortunately that diagram doesn't show exactly where the ends of the spring terminate, and I can't remember for sure... If you still have it out, is it possible to take a couple of pictures of it so we can see what you're talking about ?

Also, you didn't answer my question asking whether you undid the rollbar clamp at any stage. (And thus lost the height setting)

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
steve lowe

rear end

Post by steve lowe »

sorry for not replying earlier but i was under the car. right i havent touched the bracket on the anti roll bar. on the diagram if you look at the spring assembly you can just about see the end of the bracket from the height corrector this bracket has a hole to take the pin from the main linkage and a slot which takes one leg of the spring, on the front of this bracket there is a notch which is where the other leg of the spring woud appear to sit. but in this configuration nothing happens. i managed to get the back end down by raising the front which pushed the back down.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

You've connected the feed and return pipes the wrong way around on the height corrector :roll: This seems to happen an awful lot, which suggests that some replacement H/Cs are built differently to the originals, and the ports are reversed :twisted:
Richard W
steve lowe

Post by steve lowe »

thanks i will try that i'll let you know if it works. if not its spend some money time
steve lowe

rear end

Post by steve lowe »

success at last : :D what had happened was that the spring on the height corrector linkage had turned throuhh 360 degrees and was under no tension, after about an hours struggling to get it back into right position it suddenly popped back in. then replaced both back spheres and everything is now okay. (touch wood) :P :P