Rear Axle Bushes (Rubber Mounting)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jmd
My Cars:

Rear Axle Bushes (Rubber Mounting)

Post by jmd »

Can Andyspares supply Bushes for Rear Suspension Arm & Bolt for same Front,any advise for fitting same (Rear nearside) jmd.CORRECTION I am referring to the Mounting to which the subframe is bolted.This mounting is fitted in the actual body of the car,into the boot area,and the subframe is bolted on to it. (1996 Xantia)
Edited by - jmd on 29 Nov 2002 12:55:02
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

The rear axle (swing arm) bearings actually come in a kit which I understand is available ex Andyspares.
It's not that big a job; one I usually describe as 2 hours the first side & an hour for the other. If you're going to have a problem it usually is with removing the outer race which can often be badly corroded in. With all the ideas I've seen suggested and have tried at various times, I have always found that having a MIG or stick welder on hand to either weld a piece of steel or a shortened bolt across or to run a bit of weld on the inside edge of the outer race, leave for a few minutes & then give it a good whack with a drift & a ball pein hammer is the quickest & easiest way to go & saves a lot of blackened fingernails in the process.
It is worth fitting grease nipples into the arms when finished & before refitting the arms as this does give some protection to water ingress in the future.
This site not only gives info on how to fit but good photos as well as a list of parts & tools required.
http://www.bx.citroen.org/m07/m07e.html
If the arms are bad, don't muck around getting them done as it is not uncommon for the bolts to cause damage to the actual arms & turn a reasonably cheap jub into a far more expensive & troublesome one.
Alan S
Jon

Post by Jon »

Sorry, are we talking rear arm bearings here, or in fact the rear subframe mounts that attach the subframe to the boot floor? If the latter then yes, we do do them , they come as a kit of 4 mounts, due to time of night this message was written I cannot advise prices.
I will post again soon with further details.
Jon Wood
forum@andyspares.com
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Thanks to Alan. & Jon, for their advice. I have ordered the Bushes from Andyspares Dublin Branch, which they are getting from one of the U.K Branches. Half the price from Andyspares, as what was quoted to me from a Main Dealer