Xantia Hydractive.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Xantia Hydractive.

Post by Quackers »

Now that my Xantia Activa is working correctly, i want to keep the miles down on it, currently doing around 1000 a month, for fuel and because its so special i want it to last longer!

So i am thinking a Xantia Turbo Diesel as a second car. Is it worth hunting for a VSX/Exclusive model for the Hydractive, or am i better off just getting an SX and keeping away from Hydractive?

All i want is Aircon, Front and rear electric windows, electric mirrors and sunroof.

Is Hydractive the only toy the VSX will give me? and is Hydractive anygood?
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Whether you think the extra expense and complication of Hydractive 2 is worthwhile or not is a matter of personal taste.

However if you already have an Activa look at it this way - Hydractive 2 is the same as the Activa minus the roll corrector and rollbar rams, so you gain many of the same benefits.

Therefore it has an automatically selected hard and soft mode just like the Activa, except that it rolls a bit more (about 3.5 degrees compared to 0.5 for an Activa)

General consensus seems to be that Hydractive 2 rides a lot smoother than a standard Xantia, and yet rolls less on tight cornering. The downside is there are more things to go wrong, and its more complex to diagnose, but not as complex as an Activa.

Other features of the VSX ? Depends on the country, but here in NZ, VSX gets electric seats, ABS, air bag, steering wheel radio controls, automatic reversing mirror, outside temp guage, and air conditioning.

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive