clutch problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

_kid_

clutch problem

Post by _kid_ »

Recently when pressed the clutch pedal in i heard the sound of something plastic go, since then the clutch operates fine, but when i press the clutch in approx two-third down a hear a ‘click' noise from the clutch.

Even more bizarre with i lift the clutch up when at rest (e.g. with the top of my foot) and then press the clutch the click noise disappears for around 10 presses, until the noise returns :(

i have tried lubricating the white plastic thing and surrouding area with fluid but no change

I believe the clutch was changed @80k miles by the previous owner (now done 95k with gentle use), i have no reason to disbelieve this but i don’t have the documentation, ive had no problems prior to this. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Many thanks
currently no citroens :-(
1.4 2000 forte now gone too
xantia 1.8i 16v dimension 1996P now gone,
Evodad
My Cars:

Post by Evodad »

Wonder if "The Clip" has broken (see many other posts) & the cable is being held onto the clutch pedal with a wing & a prayer.

Changing "The Clip" is doable without removing the dash or clutch pedal (I've done it), but it requires much much patience & dexterity.
_kid_

Post by _kid_ »

Evodad wrote:Wonder if "The Clip" has broken (see many other posts) & the cable is being held onto the clutch pedal with a wing & a prayer.

Changing "The Clip" is doable without removing the dash or clutch pedal (I've done it), but it requires much much patience & dexterity.
i had a look down there, it dont look broken but i could be wrong, surely if its gone then that would be it.

also why does the noise go (for a bit) when i lift the clutch up, strange
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you would not be able to see if the clip was partly brocken without removing it,as the bit that breaks is in side the nylon block,you might find just one side of the jaw has snaped off,the clip has two blades which sit under a bullet shaped cable end,so if one side of the clip has snaped off or bent it wont be long before it goes completly
regards malcolm
_kid_

Post by _kid_ »

citronut wrote:you would not be able to see if the clip was partly brocken without removing it,as the bit that breaks is in side the nylon block,you might find just one side of the jaw has snaped off,the clip has two blades which sit under a bullet shaped cable end,so if one side of the clip has snaped off or bent it wont be long before it goes completly
regards malcolm
so if one side was broken off, would that account for the 'click' when the clutch is pressed 2/3 down?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes it could posibly be,you will soon know when it goes completly
regards malcolm
Confiteor

Post by Confiteor »

Kid,

Did you ever get this problem resolved? It sounds like what I'm currently suffering with my Citroen Synergie 1.9TDi.

Cheers.
therealyeti
My Cars:

Post by therealyeti »

Does the clutch cable have the adjusting nuts on the end in the gearbox lever, if not it might be a cable with an automatic adjuster, just like mine, having much the same problems, have new cable but just not got round to fitting it yet,usual syndrome, as long as it drives it doesnt get done. also, i think the manualadjust cable would be adirect replacement, but didnt think of that till i`d ordered the dearer auto adjuster,