bitron sensor !!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nelliened
My Cars:

bitron sensor !!!

Post by nelliened »

hi can anyone help !!

i have a 2001 xantia hdi 100k. all of a sudden the temp fault light is flashing along with the stop light on the dash. one thing i have noticed is that the lights stop if the heater is set to the off position.??? also the fans don't seem to work even with the aircon switched on !!!

please can anyone help me !!!!
xantia hdi 110 2001 model 100k
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Do the lights flash in a controlled, well-timed manner, or do they just come and go erratically ?
If it's too cold, say less than 6ºC, the aircon won't work, until (I've just found out) it's warm enough in the engine bay to prevent the compressor from frosting up.
After some warm-up, and on the Mk II, try setting the air flow slider to 'demist', fully to the right.
That should turn on the air conditioning, certainly with the fan speed selector set to 'auto'.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
nelliened
My Cars:

temp light

Post by nelliened »

hi clogzz

the stop light and the temp light are on all the time, even straight away in the morning !!! if the heater is on any setting other than off ????

also today it was 10'c and the air con wasn't working ???

the fans at the front just don't seem to want to come on at all !!!
WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Hi Had the same problem with my W reg hdi sx, i simply changed the 3 relays which are situated in the triangle casing between the 2 fans at the front of the car and i have had no problems since...Colin
CURRENT CARS:-
2019 CITROEN C3 AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 110BHP MANUAL (WIFES CAR)
2020 CITROEN AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 130BHP AUTO (MY CAR)
nelliened
My Cars:

Post by nelliened »

many thanx welshviking

ill try in the morning at work as lucklily i have an d s reg 1.9td for spares !! :D :D
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

the cooling fans on your car will be controlled by the engine ecu and not the bitron unit as it has not got one.when a/c on your cooling fans should both run slow speed ecu gets a refrence voltage from fan so it knows it is working if not the ecu will record fault fric speed requested coherence to refrence or something like that .when you switch your interior fan off a/c will switch off and stop light will go out.i would suspect your cooling fan motors try spinning them with a screwdriver whilst a/c is on and see if they try to start up if not then check relay is clicking and speed resistors are not open circuit,hope of some help regards.......
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
nelliened
My Cars:

Post by nelliened »

hi

many thanx to u all !! i changed the relays and just the same, but then i noticed the + connection on the battery was melting !!! it seems that the connection was loose according to auto sparks and this had caused the wires to melt !!!!!!!!

melted wiring all stripped out now and replaced with donor a donor cars loom.

all ok now no flashing lights etc.

although the fans run all the time now even if aircon is switched off !!
only way they stop is if heater is set at off position !! anyweay getting there and my car seems to be behaving apart from this . anyone any idea's (possible temp sensor still faulty!!!!)