Xantia mk 2 leather interior

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stuwestwales

Xantia mk 2 leather interior

Post by stuwestwales »

Hi all , Can anybody tell me if there is a leather interior available for a mk 2 xantia in black , and also would a mk1 leather interior fit. Anyone out there with an interior or advice on fitting one ??. :D
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

MK1 and 2 interiors are compatable and both were available in black. Having said that, if electric, MK1 seats have the extra of adjustable backrest width which was removed on MK2 seats due to the side airbags, which can be left unconnected. However if fitting MK1 seats to a MK2 car you may run into problems with the airbag ECU detecting a fault and illuminating the dash light.

MK2 rear seats have a different shape around the seat belt clips, they also have a static rather than inertia centre belt so make sure that you get hold of the relevant clips/centre belt. The outer inertia belts are compatable.
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

I concur with Richard, just to add that the MK2 rear seat head resraints are the same as the front seats and therefore are effective in reducing visibility thro' the rear window.... the MK1 had smaller head restraints and in my opinion were better. I would also say that having owned both MK1 and MK2 Leather seats I prefer the MK1 for the head restraints in rear and also as Richard touched on, the electrically operated side cushion supports on the front seats. Oh and if anyone has a set of MK1 seats I would like them for my 1.9TD please. :wink:
Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
Xantia V6 Exclusive (2000
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4