zx bottom engine mount

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

zx bottom engine mount

Post by 8304 »

i think the bottom engine mount of my zx is going as there is a certain amount of vibration when i firast engage drive and also there is a large rattle / clunk when i switch the engine off which makes me think that the engine is rocking forwards and backwards too much...

is there one set size for this bottom doughnut mount or do they come in different sizes??

I surpose GSF will do this mount??

what sort of cost??

cheers

alastair
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

zx mounting

Post by jgra1 »

Hi Alistair, standard part.

Problem is.. it looks like you need to remove RH driveshaft, (and its middle bearing) and then unbolt the intermediate mounting for the shaft. This mounting holds the bush.

When I get around to doing mine, I am going to take this whole unit and the new bush and get a local garage to 'press' the new one in.

someone else may know different

John

PS mounting about £10
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think its much the same as the BX setup - same part in fact.

I did my BX one in situ - take off the link, pass a hacksaw blade through the backmost slot in the bush, teeth down and re-assemble. Carefully hacksaw through the outer ring and it should then be possible to punch it out relatively easy as the outer tension has been released. Take care not to cut the alloy.

The secret of fitting the new bush is to deep freeze it overnight, and to fit it straight from the freezer! This shrinks the outer ring enough to make it easier to fit and mine went in reasonably easily with a smear of grease on the less sharp edge. You could grind a small lead in if you prefer.
jeremy
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

thanks Jeremy!
john
davehughes
My Cars:

Post by davehughes »

To get out the rubber of the donut I used an electric trill with a 3 quatrer inch bit........took seconds, but made a mess of the drive! Then simply hacksaw out band. Make sure you don't burr the lining of the hole when you mangle out the old lining. The new one goes in fine as long as it goes in square. I had my wife the other side to tell me where to tap it next.
1993 Citroen Xantia 1.9 SX TD 120,000 Metallic Grey