Xantia Alarm/indicator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wigelywoo
My Cars:

Xantia Alarm/indicator

Post by wigelywoo »

I have a problem with the nearside indicator, it is on permanant. It did this about 15 months ago, but went off when I unlocked the car.
Now it stays on regardless of indicator stalk position or car locked or unlocked.I have had to disconect the battery.

Any Ideas.........
There are two secrets to success
1. never reveal all you know
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Alarm/body computer problem. Try lift up the carpets under the front seats - and you may find a wet & corroded ECU with connectors in poor condition ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

I can vaguely remember reading in this forum a long while ago that the relay in the alarm control box is not really man enough for the job of flashing all 4 indicators when the car is alarmed. The contacts can weld themselves together. The short term fix is to disconnect the alarm ecu which is under the front passenger seat (if UK car). The long term fix is to source and solder in a new relay or it may be possible to remove it all together.

Try this post http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... larm+relay

Richard
1998 Xantia 1.9TD Estate (Sold - replaced with Skoda Octavia (sorry))
davehughes
My Cars:

Post by davehughes »

Have you tried resetting the system by turning on the ignition whith the doors closed and pressing the button to the right of the steering column, it looks like a horn with a cross through it. Hold it for 10 secs and the lights on the instrument panel light up if my memory serves me correctly
1993 Citroen Xantia 1.9 SX TD 120,000 Metallic Grey