Xantia Heater Wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

therealyeti
My Cars:

Xantia Heater Wiring

Post by therealyeti »

Can anyone help I wonder, I have just aquired a "p" reg xantia turbo diesel lx,with air con the heater had stopped I think from the common fault on the ignition barrel, but the previous owner has ripped half the wiring out, i need to know where the wires go on the heater motor to speed controller,the thin black wire linked to the motor neutral is cut, no connector, also need to know the order the 5 thin wires that should be in a black plug conect to the air conditioning panel, have searched the links, and checked the diagram from citroeny.cz but this doesnt give the actual order and position. hope someone can help, a photo would be helpful, any way pictures can be posted on here? or sent to members?
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

A few plugs dangling here, second link:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=17811

Pictures can be posted here, preferably less than 470 pixels wide, otherwise the page gets too wide and slow to roll in.
Try using this:

http://imageshack.us
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
therealyeti
My Cars:

Post by therealyeti »

Thanks for reply, had seen the pictures, and seems to show every wire except the ones i want, :( , even if you download and enlarge the pics, considering the only original fualt was the steering column switch you would not believe the damage someone inflicted on the loom, where his logic that if you cut every wire to every sensor it might fix it came from I have no idea, think Gengis Khan is alive and well and playing with autoelectrics in south wales
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Sorry to read all that.
I think that Genghis Khan was a nobleman or tribal elder, while this is the 'work' of a very common, incompetent butcher. Image
All I can suggest is to go to a scrapyard, and 'retrieve' the necessary plugs and connectors from a wreck.
therealyeti
My Cars:

Post by therealyeti »

Had tried all local scrapies, found 11 Xantias, only one that had air con was scrapped from a dash fire, how typical is that, but problem sorted now, Emailed a guy on ebay who had bought one spares or repair and he was breaking it, he`s sending the plug and half a yard of loom, for the extortionate cost of £1.50 including postage, :o he even sent pics to check it was the right one,could you ask for a more helpful guy?? however did we all manage before the internet???
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Wonderful outcome ! Image