Citroen Insurance

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stuwestwales

Citroen Insurance

Post by stuwestwales »

Hi all , that time of the year again and my xantia hdi insurance is due , can
anybody recommend an insurance company that give out good quotes as my insurance company is putting up my premium again eventhough i,ve got 6 years claim free insurance and do very little mileage. :x :x :(
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

screentrade.co.uk do ok . try confused.com as someone on here suggested . Saved me 200 quid , pointed me to screentrade.

Renewed in Janauary , Made a claim already for new windscreen ,sods law for me always go just as Ive changed (makes me feel guilty), bloody stones on the roads.

Try elephant.co.uk , ok for new business , but not very good for renwals .
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Or try www.confused.com - put in your details once, and they check about 95% of all internet insurance cos. Otherwise try a local broker. Xantia HDi (110 anyway) is about Group 13 though, so never likely to be 'cheap'!
Richard W
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I've never had the best quotes from Screentrade or confused, they never seemed to find the best deals from the insurers, I suppose their commision has to come from somewhere. I do a fair bit of trawling for quotes each year at renewal time and I found that the best deals I've got direct from an insurer have beaten the screentrade / confused deals by substantial margins every time.
stuwestwales

Post by stuwestwales »

Thanks for the advice, looks like an afternoon on the internet for me then :) .
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

Directline were cheapest for me. The advantage being if i want a second car, (another citroen :P ) i can have the same no claims on that as my main car which i thought was very nice.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Direct line were the cheapest for me but not my wife, for some reason, Saga came up with the cheapest quote. (and she's younger than me!)
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

I recommend Churchill, Liverpool Victoria, Esure if you have no points. I shopped around the internet ( four vehicles to insure)and they were the best and cheapest by far. Not wishing to disagree with Peter but I have found Saga to be the most expensive on all insurances across the range. As they purchase all their product from other main line insurers they will be then looking for at least 15% on top? The house insurance quote made my head spin, £167 over the top.
Cheers!
John
graham593192

Post by graham593192 »

Hi
I saved £200 this year by going through insurancesupermarket.com and ended up with a sub group of admiral (can't remember their name off hand.

I was insured thirdparty fire and theft through endsleigh and switched to these new people with fully comp and business cover and saved £200.

Insurance supermarket.com shops arond for you after you put your details in once and gives you best quotes.

I also saved £180 pounds on my girlfreinds BX GTI by going through them instead of the AA.

Graham
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Seriously, give the AA insurance sevices a ring - or just get a quote from their website. They shop around for the cheapest quote.

I know I'm an old geezer living in the depths of Lincolnshire (highest per capita road deaths in the country), but under £250 for a year's fully comp on a 3 litre V6 XM can't be bad!

Derek
RohanC
My Cars:

Post by RohanC »

What would you guys consider "expensive" for a Xantia?

Mine cost me £350 TPFT, 4 years NCD (mirrored off the 6 i have on my other policy), 24 yo, good postcode.

I got it down to that by haggling insurer after insurer, then taking the best quote to APlan who have my other policy.

Took a fair bit of effort to get it down from the initial quotes of over £500, which is more than it cost me to Fully Comp a Modified 240bhp Nissan 200sx.
Sick 200k miles black Xantia TD... Now (mostly) fixed :) Now sold!
graham593192

Post by graham593192 »

I paid around £300 fully comp for my 1.8 16v xantia with 3 years no claims. I'm 25. Putting the other half on as a named driver saved me about 100 quid even though she never drives the car. Try putting an older person such as a parent on as a named driver even if they are never going to go near the car it might save you money.
They wanted another £170 though to put me on her BX GTI so i just drive it on the cover for other cars i get on my insurance!!
I some insurers just pull numbers out of the sky when you ask for a quote!

graham
Allanxantia
My Cars:

Post by Allanxantia »

I would suggest A-plan. I have an impreza turbo WRX with full NCD I am 27 with a Glasgow postcode :( and I pay £499 fully comp with class 1 cover albeit £500 XS. When I wanted to insure my Xantia 1.9D as well they mirrored my full NCB and I got 3rd party for £187. No one else has come close
RohanC
My Cars:

Post by RohanC »

Allanxantia wrote:I would suggest A-plan. I have an impreza turbo WRX with full NCD I am 27 with a Glasgow postcode :( and I pay £499 fully comp with class 1 cover albeit £500 XS. When I wanted to insure my Xantia 1.9D as well they mirrored my full NCB and I got 3rd party for £187. No one else has come close
Yikes, thats better than my A Plan quote! Mind you mines a TD.

Both mine have the misses and Class 1 use as well.

IIRC they said the couldnt do a full NCD mirror because i am not 25. I really ought to stick the Nissan on a claasic policy now, its only a weekend toy now.
Sick 200k miles black Xantia TD... Now (mostly) fixed :) Now sold!
zeersplat
My Cars:

Post by zeersplat »

I have never figured out why the Xantia HDi is insurance group 13. My wife has a 306 HDi with alloys and all the boy racer bits and it goes like the wind, its group 5. Its a strange world :!:

John