XANTIA BRAKES AND SUSPENSION

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

26joenz

XANTIA BRAKES AND SUSPENSION

Post by 26joenz »

Hi, i have replaced the brakes on a citroen xantia today, what a job, had to do both front and rear disks, unfortunately this broke the seal, i have blead all the air out but cannot get the brake pedal to rise up and now the rear suspension is taking forever to rise, does anyone know of a solution to this?
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Brake pedal movement on the Xantia is more or less cosmetic - actual movement of the button on the doseur valve is very small, so you seem to have a mechanical problem there.
As far as the suspension's concerned, have you bled the main hydraulic system and checked the LHM level?
26joenz

Post by 26joenz »

Hi, Thanks for that, is there any way of adjusting the brake pedal to lift it up?

I have only blead the brakes at the calipers, as this was the only part we touched, how do i blead the main system?
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

No adjustment for the brake pedal - if it's really low, the spring canister, pedal mount etc. must have collapsed. You'll need to have a good look and find what's broken. It's *just* possible, but very unlikely, that the valve's suddenly broken and is leaking back badly, which would give your symptoms - but don't assume so until you've checked the straightforward things.
To bleed the system, start engine, check LHM level (float between red lines with suspension at max and settled), open the bleed screw on the pressure regulator (half to one turn only), and leave to idle for a few minutes. Tighten bleed screw (not too tight). Then do 'Citaerobics' - suspension to full height, pause, then to minimum height - a few times.
Recheck LHM level.