zx tach wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lister
My Cars:

zx tach wiring

Post by lister »

Hi, I've just inherited our old 1995 ZX Aura TD estate from my late dad, & although it's past it's MOT ready for use, the tacho has stopped working & I can't find my Haynes manual to check it out. Is the instrument fed from a TDC/crank speed sensor or from an alternator pick up or what? Many thanks.
Not had a Citroen for 3 years after my Xantia Exclusive was nicked & smashed. 2 ZX Tds before that. Got our old ZX estate back home now. Glad to be back......
lister
My Cars:

Post by lister »

Er, maybe I should have searched the forum a bit harder, I'll try the BX / 306 fixes first! Now where's my tame goblin?......
Not had a Citroen for 3 years after my Xantia Exclusive was nicked & smashed. 2 ZX Tds before that. Got our old ZX estate back home now. Glad to be back......
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

if i recall its fed from a tdc sensor (that expires quite regularly) costs about £30 for a new un
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

TDC sensor is located in a hole, just above the top of the flywheel and below the cylinder head and secured with a bolt. Its not usually the sensor thats the problem, but the connector just above it. Pull it apart and give it a good clean and a spot of grease. I will warn you, its not very easy to get to, you will have to remove some pipes. I think you will find that the cost of a new one is nearer to £80.00.