GSF speed sensor for XM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sdabel
My Cars:

GSF speed sensor for XM

Post by sdabel »

Just noticed that GSF list something called a "speed sensor" for the XM. Does anyone here know if this the electronic speedo pickup that seems to fail so often? Seems to be one part for all models.

regards
sean
1996 XM 2.1 TD exclusive
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Yes, I think it is the TDC sensor, but unfortunatly, when I wanted one they didn't have any in stock. It could of course also refer to the ABS sensor, but they didn't use to do them.
sdabel
My Cars:

Post by sdabel »

Thanks Peter,

They list the ABS sensor seperataly so don't think its that. Have been looking for the speedo pickup sender for ages so have got it hoping it is the correct part!

Still seems strange that it is the same part for all models.

However having said that, from reading various forums there is a definate market for them. :twisted:

regards
sean
1996 XM 2.1 TD exclusive
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Hi sean

I think its the same for all XUD engines. I took mine from another engine which was a later fly by wire type, but it was the right sensor. My original one was damaged due to someone leaving the bottom cover off the flywheel, it had picked something up and smashed it, all the wire fell off when I took it out! My rev counter now works.

Peter.
sdabel
My Cars:

Post by sdabel »

I am trying to fix an eratic speedo. Will report on what I get and fitting when it arrives. I always had speedo prolems on my CX's and had hoped that the electronic pickup would have fixed this. Guess its a Citroen trait!

regards
sean
1996 XM 2.1 TD exclusive
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Ah! speedo sensor, I am sorry, I hadn't read your first message properly, I thought it was your rev counter you were having problems with, thats what the TDC sensor is for. Having never had any problems with my speedo, I havan't ventured into that part of the electronics, but if its intermittent its quite likely to be a bad connection somewhere on the sensor lead. Not even knowing where it is, I cant really help you. All references to fault finding on the XM should read 'first remove the engine and transmission'!