New C3? HELP!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shinysun

New C3? HELP!

Post by shinysun »

I can't decide whether to buy a C3 or not. I test drove today, no major problems, but that visibility seems a bit restricted for reversing, joining traffic from a slip lane, even chaning lanes. likely that my seat was just ill adjusted or do others find this too?
thanks for any comments from those who drive them!
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Don't hold your breath!
shinysun

Post by shinysun »

for replies? why not? :)
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Ive only had a quick play in one but i hate them!! It doesnt help that im used to driving my BX which seems more like a boat than an uprated AX (or C3). As big as they look they are VERY umcomfortable to taller longer drivers. There isnt eough room to get legs in and seat sdjusted properly. The peddles are also realy tight together. At first look the dash and console look great, but there not very intuitive. Im not sure what it is, but they feel very compressed almost prison cell like when the doors are shut. Strange that a car that is quite large can make you feel so closed in. Im also not convinced about the viewing area out of back from the rear view mirror, i get the feeling a lot of them will get reversed into things.
On the other side they do have a unique shape to them, with very smooth clean asthetics on the inside. Would be great as a run around where the longest journey isnt gonna be more than 20 miles, and they can get a lot of shopping in. If your looking for a family car, forget it. With a tall driver you wont get kids in the back! Have to say i was quite let down when i went to see one (not with any intention of buying one, but dont tell them that!!)
Vanny
Merseyside, UK
Citroenbx19rd@bxproject.co.uk
http://www.bxproject.co.uk
shinysun

Post by shinysun »

I'm a 5 foot 5 girlie, not tall :o)
I drove a seat ibiza, seemed to have restriced rear view too. it's the damn headrests, cut out so much and a high boot line too. damn those silly designers!
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Know about the headrest problems in smaller cars (speaking as a 5ft 10 and a half-er). Peugeot 106 headrests are dreadful for this (even if they were designed 10+ years ago). Like Vanny, I don't have any such problems in the even older Citroen BX. I've only got as far as sitting in a C3 in the showroom though, out of curiosity.
The current crop of curvy shapes may look fine from the outside but you can't beat a well-windowed boxy-shape for all-round visibility - I'm sure the Berlingo is easy to see out of!
madman

Post by madman »

I bought a C3 HDI 92 bhp last July. It has had the 12500 service today. After driving GSAs CXs BXs Discovery and 96 Range Rover, I now cover many miles in the C3. I find it great for motorway journeys and return about 67 mpg. It accelerates much better than a BX turbo diesel and is more practical than a Range Rover. Perfect then? well no, the electric window switched are in a silly position and I miss cruise control, (not fitted to SX, only exclusive). If anybody can give advise on the cruise control I would be grateful.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

If you're looking for an after-market cruise control try www.ultimatedesign.co.uk They supply and fit or do diy. I have one on my Xantia.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

John,
Which modules and controls did you get, and what type of Xantia do you have ?
Did you get them to fit it, or DIY ?
I'd be interested in your comments on Cruise ( not neccessarily this particular product ), and how you get on with it in terms of mpg.
Regards
Mat.