Xantia HDI fuel pump noise

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stuwestwales

Xantia HDI fuel pump noise

Post by stuwestwales »

The last couple of mornings and evenings when i turn the ignition on the pump makes its usual priming sound along with an electrical whine,but lately the electrical whine sound continues after ive started the engine and after she has heated up properly the sound disappears. Is there a problem about to rear its head or is the sound because the engine is cold and the pump is working that bit harder. Anyway any advise would be greatly recieved. Xantia Hdi Hatch (2000 model).
******** Top site and hello to all*******
pikecrazy
My Cars:

Re: Xantia HDI fuel pump noise

Post by pikecrazy »

stuwestwales wrote:The last couple of mornings and evenings when i turn the ignition on the pump makes its usual priming sound along with an electrical whine,but lately the electrical whine sound continues after ive started the engine and after she has heated up properly the sound disappears. Is there a problem about to rear its head or is the sound because the engine is cold and the pump is working that bit harder. Anyway any advise would be greatly recieved. Xantia Hdi Hatch (2000 model).
******** Top site and hello to all*******
Have you tried the fuel filter it maybe blocked :!:
2013 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 XTR 115bhp
2003 2:0 HDI Dispatch Van 186000 miles......gone
2000 Xantia Hdi 90bhp Forte Estate 97000 miles gone..........to heaven
New High pressure Fuel Pump and Patched ECU , Blower Module fixed by CitroJim :-)