waterlogged xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john alexander
My Cars:

waterlogged xantia

Post by john alexander »

Hi there,I know this has been covered before but when it comes to finding things I'm hopeless. My wifes xantia estate has a swimming pool in the front passenger footwell , can some of our more knowledgeable members point me in the right direction. Regards John. PS couldn't find my keyboard had to type this with crayon.
WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Hi John,
In my instance it was the windscreen SCUTTLEBOARD had come away from the bottom of the winscreen so was letting all water run in to the car from the side of the passenger footwell. It also could be the dreaded MATRIX which lets all your coolant enter via the knackered matrix and usually into the passenger footwell.

The scuttleboard is an easy one to do remove all the old sealant from the plastic board and winscreen and simply reseal it with a good quality exterior sealant..done mine and it is now leak free.

The matrix is a different matter , im afraid it is a dashboard out job and if you are not prepaired to tackle it yourself get ready to pay megabucks for labour. The matrix is about £50 to buy but labour in citroen is £60 per hour + vat and can be a 8 hour + job minimum...regards Colin

i am just about to take my dashboard out for a totally diffrent problem but will change the matrix while i have the dash out.
CURRENT CARS:-
2019 CITROEN C3 AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 110BHP MANUAL (WIFES CAR)
2020 CITROEN AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 130BHP AUTO (MY CAR)
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

John,

It could be coming in through a bad membrane seal on the boot door, Check the boot matting thoroughly (underneath if possible) and under the rear seats. Another cause can be blocked sun-roof drains.

If you search the forum you will find lots of posts on the subject, there was one quite recently.

Richard
1998 Xantia 1.9TD Estate (Sold - replaced with Skoda Octavia (sorry))
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Thanks , its not the boot seal and it doesn't have a sunroof. is the scuttle board the plastic piece the wiper shafts come thru. regards john.
WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Yes thats the scuttleboard John
CURRENT CARS:-
2019 CITROEN C3 AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 110BHP MANUAL (WIFES CAR)
2020 CITROEN AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 130BHP AUTO (MY CAR)
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Thanks welshviking , took the panel off today then noticed that it stops the rain running straight into the heater air intake which points upwards ,another great design??. regards john.